302 with a few problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2005, 10:12   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

302 with a few problems

well its finaly time for me to fix up all the problems i`m having its a 93 fairmont v8

i`ve fitted a explorer intake upper and lower and everything ran fine up until i fitted a 65mm TB from an AU im pretty use the tps is the problem, its fine starting from cold idles good drive for 10 - 15 min stop turn it of do some shopping or what ever start it up and the revs rise and fall put it into gear and it just about stalls *its an auto* its also very ruff when changing up gears and from 3rd - 2rd it makes a clunk but being that its a 2 tps setup im guessing ones for the ECU and the other for the gear box computer is it posable to wire it up so that using the standed AU tsp *i have 2* so that the 1 tsp will send out the info to both computers? or is there an aftermarket tsp that will fit

its also running rich but again i think it maybe tsp related

then there is the egr im still using the standed egr spacer from intake to tb but its about what 60mm not 65m like the tb i currenty have a AU one to replaces it but then i wont have the egr system at all and knowing how sensitive these engines are to disconected sencers its going to run poorly is there a way to trick it into thinkig the egr system is still there? and how was it setup on the AUs *if at all* and be somehow fitted to mine

have to sort it all out befor I move on to getting the supercharger bolted on

cheers
NoBByxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2005, 17:03   #2 (permalink)

Re: 302 with a few problems

Sounds like an MAF problem. If the TPS is alright try the MAF sensor. You've altered inlet manifold vaccum by changing your intake runners and throttle body. The airflow through the MAF will be less causing the ecu to think that it should be on it's cold start circuit, causing the idle motor to operate incorrectly.

Remember the MAF measures volume not vaccum like MAP
t2te50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech