302 windsor info - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2003, 21:47   #1 (permalink)

302 windsor info

hi, just lookin for any information at all about the 302 windsors, hp, fuel economy, reliability etc.

Its just im gettin this 302 windsor for free off this guy the only thing is its in bits so we just gotta put it together :D, i plan to put it in a XF just gotta get me some XE XD v8 engine mounts first, ive read a bit on the subject of puttin a 302 in a XF. But anyway just some info on the 302's plz :) thanx in advance to everyone who posts.
69 mustang 351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2003, 04:15   #2 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Re: 302 windsor info

Well there's noithing wrong with the 302 that's for sure,
HP,depend's on whether it's stock,rebuilt and what sort of goodie's the previous owner used,klm's traveled,
once again fuel economy will vary with the above mentioned,
reliability, good, just get someone you can trust to rebuild it to your need's not their's,but if it's in piece's and has been for a while, a fresh rebuild would be on the card's.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 04:18   #3 (permalink)
Ford Member

^ Yep.
And make sure you check out the piston skirts before you put it together, they are know to break them pretty often.
AndrewsXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 05:48   #4 (permalink)

im interested in what your doing with yours, as im also doing up a 302 to go into a supra...let me know what your doing. I up graded to a boss 302 crank, bored block and forged hi-comp pistons and racing cam on the bottom end. Heaps of other mods you can do...
302_supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 05:10   #5 (permalink)

Funny should bring up the 302 in to an XF. I'm giving it some thought at the moment as I'm fed up with the 250 in my XF ute. It had Hurricane extractors and when I replaced the 2" with a 2 1/2" the exhaust cowboy flogged it so hard he went through about 15 litres in 10 kays, bent and threw a rod, I think he's cracked the head gasket and ****ed one of the rockers I reckon one of the springs has gone as well - all cylinder 5. I'm thinking with all the playing around I'll have to do it might be easier to drop a 302 in. How much work are you looking at to fit it to an 87 ute with a 3sp colum shift auto?
XF__UTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 05:11   #6 (permalink)

i heard the 302 boss motors have cleveland heads and windsor blocks is this true? and the person who told me said its the best of both worlds i know why thats so with the cleveland head cus the larger ports lets the motor breathe givin more power and rev's but i have no idea whats superior about the windsor block does anyone else know?

and originally we were thinkin of puttin the 302 in a cortina we're also thinkin about a capri of some sort theres on in town that looks awesome like a old GT or somethin king like that (Y)
69 mustang 351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech