Ford Forums banner

351ci blocks

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  347stroker 
#1 ·
Hey fellas, I'll cut to the chase, I want a 393 or 408ci engine in a 94 xg ute.
I think I'll be limited for space with the clearance between headers and suspension towers and I want it to be fuel injected, for this I think strocker kit a 351w cos fuel rails and sensors come with the engine complete. is there any other engine blocks apart from clevo that I'm overlooking that I can squash that size crank into???

#2 ·
Ziggy said:
Hey fellas, I'll cut to the chase, I want a 393 or 408ci engine in a 94 xg ute.
I think I'll be limited for space with the clearance between headers and suspension towers and I want it to be fuel injected, for this I think strocker kit a 351w cos fuel rails and sensors come with the engine complete. is there any other engine blocks apart from clevo that I'm overlooking that I can squash that size crank into???
You may hurt the power of the engine somewhat by the lack of a quality shap/size/bend primary pipe with the 9.5 block.

It might pay to "dummy up" to see what sort of pipe will fit. no point building a great engine, only to suffocate it.

#3 ·
Mate while I can't answer your question, I'll be following the thread with interest. I just bought a 351 Windsor for a build-up for my 91 NC 5.0 Fairlane. It'll have a 396 stroker crank & run injection. I'm thinking that one of the biggest costs will be getting the exhaust manifolds custom built to fit the engine bay to avoid the problem that EB 5.6 referred to.

I'm chasing stock-smooth idle, massive torque off the line, and fuel-injected reliability. We reckon the auto box may struggle a little, but we'll see how it goes.

#4 ·
Here is and example.

I just built a 660hp 625 ftlb 514 stroker for a customer. We used XA pacemakers to achieve these figures. The motor is going into an XY, which has a much narrower engine bay.

When we fitted the XY pipes to see the difference, 580hp and 605 ftlb.

Pipes make a big difference, whilst low speed torque may not be as much of an issue. ncfairlane302 may "get away with it" if he keeps the primary pipes straight as possible.

Good luck to you both, if either of u pull it off, there will be some 6.0 HSV owners scratching their heads!!

#5 ·
Well it seems that my post of a few weeks ago has got some minds wondering.
I am in the process of putting a 427 stroker windsor into my EL Falcon, and just do it guys, it will fit!! The only drama is dependant on your inlet manifold selection, and clearance, but thats it. The towers on these late model cars WILL NOT interfere with a decent exhaust, for example, a V8 Supercar uses C3 or so Yates heads, with very high exhaust ports, and approx 1 1/8 inch further out than a Windsor head, and before you say its only a 8.206 deck, compared to 9.5, remember the towers get narrower towards the crossmember, and they have the engines very low in the bay. I have spoken to Custom Exhausts here in Brisbane, and he feels that he can get a very F****ING decent set of pipes hanging off my engine, even with 7 litres, and 550 odd horsepower, cats were his only real concern, so get to it guys, lets give it to these "special cars for special people" wankers and show em what Going Ford Is The Going Thing really means.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.