351W to 418 stroker build - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 16:55   #1 (permalink)

confused 351W to 418 stroker build

Guys I need your input on my plans for building a 418 Windsor stroker .I have a 351 94 mod roller block standard bore.These are my thoughts for bottom end so far.Take block out 0.30 scat 4340 crank scat H beam rods SRP pistons.this is where I am stuck.need to run on pump gas so with afr 225 heads is 11: 1 ratio safe. Have been told to use 6.200 SB chev rods and.-22 piston dome for 11:1.but when I go to SRP web site it indicates to use 6.125 rod lengths and -28 dome volume.as I am a simple prick this has thrown me. Will also have girdle . High volume oil pump and hydraulic roller cam combo chasin 550 to 600hp car will be used to drive to and from work most times other an that ???? To enjoy.. Any information on this would be appreciated its my first stroker all new to me .

Last edited by Maka; 08-19-2012 at 04:26. Reason: Delete
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 14:55   #2 (permalink)
BuzzLOL

Re: 351W to 418 stroker build

.. Did you ever do this? There's more than one way to skin a cat or make a bigger engine, that's why you saw a slightly different formula for reaching the same goal. Likely a 408", not a 418". You just have to stick to one plan all the way through.
BuzzLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech