351w or just 351? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2007, 05:29   #1 (permalink)

351w or just 351?

I have posted in the cleveland section trying to figure out what 351 I have. So with out repeating myself from the other thread here is a quick run down. I am building a circle track dirt race car. It is a 1990 ltd crown victoria with 5.8 L Ok. The vin # is 2FACO72G8LX133564. Other numbers under the hud that I have found but not on the motor are 5.8l - 9EQ. Another set of numbers not on the motor are LFM5.8V2HJF6. Ok I started taking the motor down in the car. I removed the intake and found some numbers and letters on top of the block under the intake manifold and they are 351 , then about 3 inches over is WCP-12. then a little ways over from that is the ford imblem. I have not taken it any farther. Where would the id serial number be listed on the block at? I am not trying to double post in two different sections I am just hopeing to find out about this. Thanks to everyone and I am so glad for this forum.
Jason33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2007, 05:54   #2 (permalink)

Re: 351w or just 351?

5.8L V8 2BBL HO This is what was listed as the type engine that came in the car when I ran the vin number but of course it still dont tell me if it is a windsor or not. Oh yea it was built in canada if that matters.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:29   #3 (permalink)
78fordman

Jason33 There are only 4 351 5.8 Engines...They are the 351 Clevland 5.8L,
The 351 Windsor 5.8L, The 351/M 5.8L Which stands for Modified, and The BOSS 351 5.8L

The engine that is in your car is a 351 Windsor 5.8L

How do we know? Because we have established its not a Clevland, and Its not a Modified, And If you can tell me what Carb yours has I can rule out the Boss 351
78fordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 14:19   #4 (permalink)

I have the motor out and this is the casting numbers on the block. E9AE-6T015-AA-12. Then below that is a nother set of numbers. 9L30

As far as the carbarator that is on it, I am not sure what you call it. It looks like a two barrel carb but it is an injection system. it has two slides that lay flat and works like a slide instead of a butterfly system. I am sorry I cant think of the name of it.

I did run these numbers on the internet with no help.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:32   #5 (permalink)

Jason33,:...I Would like to submit that if your car (1990 Crown Vic)
has the stock engine , it would not be a 351M because
Ford stopped putting them into vehicles well before 1990, As far as it being
carburated that in itself is interesting as your car is a 1990. Are you sure its not "throttle body" body Fuel injection ?
I think youll find you have a 351 "Windsor", and at best
possibly an "H.O" or High output engine, common in E250 350 vans,
and police packages. I wouldnt count on a boss engine unless the previous owner replaced the old one with a boss block.
Maybe you could post some pictures of the engine and car
doesnt matter what condition its in.
IronRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 03:40   #6 (permalink)

I have come to find out that it is a windsor.

It does have the throttle botty style looking carb on it.

Thanks to everyone for yalls help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech