351w stroker - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-02-06, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kentucky
Age: 38
Posts: 1
351w stroker

I have a 1979 351W i want to stroke it to a 393 or 408. Can i just buy a crankshaft and use my rods or do I need the whole package. I am just gonna be bracket racing with this engine i will not be using nitrous. What would be a good route to take. Thanks Donnie

fairlanehotrod is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-04-06, 07:02 PM
under thumb
xyfmtjoe's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: mt gambier S.A
Age: 44
Posts: 286
Re: 351w stroker

An eagle or scat 3.85stroke crank with ford bigends stock length 351w rods and 302w pistons is the cheapest way to do it.

Ford mad and proud of it 71xyfmt, 96ef xr8, 82xe 's'pac 400k old workbus!
xyfmtjoe is offline  
Sponsored Links

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome