5.0 EFI Stroker Mods - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2006, 17:49   #1 (permalink)
Built Ford Tuff

5.0 EFI Stroker Mods

Hey guys.
Time to extend the home loan again, and I'm gonna have about 5 grand to spend on the EB. At the moment it's totally stock (D'oh!), and I really have a need for speed. I've got a stage 2 shift kit and 2500 stally coming for the auto, and performance extractors with free flowing cats which will chew up about $1500 of my budget. The question is what to do with the rest? I've been seriously thinking about going the stroker option, and I can get a kit for $1500, which, providing I can get mates to help me rebuild, will leave me 2 grand. I was thinking heads and cam, and possibly intake manifold, but not sure whether I need to change the ECU as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially from guys that have already stroked their EFI windsors.
Thanks guys,
Sean.
SilvaEBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2006, 23:49   #2 (permalink)

Re: 5.0 EFI Stroker Mods

You seem to be on the right track, If your doing the work yourself you should be able to get a nice little package for the dollars. I suggest you Hook into the heads and let them breath a little, throw a decent cam in and get a new MAF (your ECU will learn these Mods without to many dramas) and you should be well your way to makin HP. As for the stroker wait till you got the coin to do it. At least 5k alone to set it all up properly, again if your doin it yourself.
MickoXHXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 17:49   #3 (permalink)

You would probably be better off getting a manifold & a set of GT40 heads from an AU 5L or a set of aftermarket alloys & manifold. Then get a decent cam. I can't see you getting a stroker built with heads & manifold for around $3500.

Have a look around the forums.There are plenty of guys who have decent setups wth threads on them.

From what I have read it wouldn't be worth wasting your money on the standard heads & manifold.

Good luck with it.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 16:57   #4 (permalink)
Built Ford Tuff

Thanks guys-will let you know which way I go and how it all turns out.
SilvaEBII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 14:04   #5 (permalink)
No longer around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambit
You would probably be better off getting a manifold & a set of GT40 heads from an AU 5L or a set of aftermarket alloys & manifold. Then get a decent cam. I can't see you getting a stroker built with heads & manifold for around $3500.

Have a look around the forums.There are plenty of guys who have decent setups wth threads on them.

From what I have read it wouldn't be worth wasting your money on the standard heads & manifold.

Good luck with it.

definatley not, my stroker is around 6k........
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech