Ford Forums banner

5.0 Flexplates

4K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  MrLandau 
#1 ·
I have run into a little trouble in the build on my motor and I was hoping there were some people out there who hold the answers. Is the Australian Flexplate 164 tooth or 157 tooth and does it use the 50oz counterweight. I need to buy one for the motor I am building for my Fairlane as the long motor didn't come with it btw Ford want over $250 DEALER PRICE for one....
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Shane
(Falcon City - Adelaide)

#4 ·
157 for the manual - what about the autos??????
Please help
Shane

#6 ·
TCI don't list a 157 tooth 50oz flexplate but the do list a 164 tooth one?????
Shane

#7 ·
B&M list both 164 tooth 50 oz for the AODE (82-95) and 157 50oz for the C4(82-95).

#10 ·
Thanks - now I can order mine tommorrow :wnc:
Stroker motor will be alive and kicking very soon...
Shane
(Falcon City - Adelaide)

#11 ·
If you have "stroker crank" it MAY have 27 ounce ballance ???Depends on counterweights?? In crank?? Which is realy better...IMO..
I take it your getting it ballanced anyway??? CRAZZY if you don't for $180 it's not worth it!!!!!

#12 ·
Yeah - the whole show is getting ballanced. I have built plenty of tough motors (my 429 landau ran 10.34 @ 133mph) but this is my first play with windsors. I am already looking at Dart blocks but this one will have to do for a little while. The compression on this one is a little over 10.5/1 so when I go to the next stage (supercharger) I will put the TrickFlow/Arias 8.5/1 pistons in a Dart block.
Shane
(Flacon City - Adelaide)

#14 ·
The engine is the 1996 Australian motor (imported 93 type) and the trans is the BTR 4 Speed auto - again 1996 NL gear
Shane
(Falcon City - Adelaide)

#16 ·
Geez Raceer - you had me worried there...
Shane

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.