5.8 liter efi 351w - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2003, 19:38   #1 (permalink)
chad@home

5.8 liter efi 351w

will the 351 winsor 5.8 liter efi stock ford computer system work with none of the stock smog, ac, or any accessories? what do do I need to make it work. Also does boring the cylinders have an effect on the computer? What is the max bore?

thebigtrox@aol.com

chad ,thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2003, 20:22   #2 (permalink)
Falcon EL XR8

You need a minimum of an oxygen sensor, air flow meter, throttle position sensor etc... just the inputs to operate in closed loop. You can run the computer without all other accessories. Boring the cylinders wont have any effect on the computer, unless the injectors can't keep up. If you can't modify the pulse width with the ECU you are using, look at getting an aftermarket ECU and/or bigger injectors. Hope this is of some help.
Old 06-08-2003, 04:59   #3 (permalink)
XR9UTE

Chad,

Check the examples on my website and go to the link at the bottom of the page about my XR 351W EFI conversion.

Pete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech