Ford Forums banner

70mm throttle body/maf

4K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  edv8wagon 
#1 ·
Did all au xr8's have the explorer manifold???

Would having the explorer manifold mean that you also have the 70mm throttle body? and maf?

#2 ·
*i2ayman* said:
Did all au xr8's have the explorer manifold???

Would having the explorer manifold mean that you also have the 70mm throttle body? and maf?

The standard AU XR8 setup is explorer manifold, 70mm MAF and 65mm throttle body. Only the 220kW had the 70mm throttle body which will have a dirty big tickford logo cast into it in plain view.

#5 ·
Oh I was thinking they were both 55mm.

#7 ·
yeah, that would have been a great bargain if i picked it up.....

did you win it?

#8 ·
What did they have on offer???

#9 ·
Nah, I put in a few bids, but given I can't put on the manifold atm with insurance, wasn't keen enough to keep bidding . . . altho given the state of my current injectors, maybe I should have :p

They were offering AU Explorer upper and lower, TB (uncertain which one, would bet on 185kw version), 24lb injectors, fuel rail, ecu (not sure if manual or auto), and few other bits. Don't think there was a maf in there, although there was the intake tubing.
Went for $560, which is very cheap really...

#10 ·
I wish I had seen it.

#11 ·
An important point to remember with throttle bodies and MAF's which most people seem to have missed is that if the throttle is not fully open the throttle valve itself will cause an extreme restriction to airflow, this is it's job. So an increase in diameter of throttle body or MAF can only be of benefit at WOT. How much time is spent at WOT?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.