90 xf ute conversion - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2007, 05:18   #1 (permalink)

90 xf ute conversion

Hi I'm converting my XF ute to a 5.0L EFI V8 and have the old motor out and the v8 nearly ready to go in but notice the v8 mounts I have don't seem to be any good doe's anyone know where I could the the right ones from, I'm in Brisbane. Also if anyone knows of any nasty little surprises I might come accross feel free to let me know please!!
reeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2007, 03:32   #2 (permalink)

Re: 90 xf ute conversion

I would love to see some pics, esp in the area of the heater pipes.

reason.... FORD XF V8 Conversion

Cheers
Jas
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:11   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the link but the 5.0L EFI is a windsor motor which are slightly different to the cleveland and I've been told don't have the same problem with the heater pipes they just clear ( I hope ). I'll be happy to post some photo's when I'm done.
reeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 04:15   #4 (permalink)

That was my understanding also...hence the request for pics.

you can mail direct to webmaster@jasonpigdon.com am always looking to add to my knowledge base......says he with a 302 in an MQ patrol :)

Jas
jas24zzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:59   #5 (permalink)
No longer around

you should be able to slot the 5litre in with XR-XY windsor mounts mate...
the block is physically the same shape.
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 20:36   #6 (permalink)

Aw the EFI swap.. I am doing the same on a 90 Bronco II. I used shorty Headers.. You might have to beat the tunnel back just a little. the Heater AC box does need trimming. just a little . they say the 83 Mustang convert. motor mounts will work fine on your Xploder...

90 Bronco II Engine Swap.. 5.0 pictures from trucks photos on webshots
VictourB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 21:06   #7 (permalink)
No longer around

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictourB
Aw the EFI swap.. I am doing the same on a 90 Bronco II. I used shorty Headers.. You might have to beat the tunnel back just a little. the Heater AC box does need trimming. just a little . they say the 83 Mustang convert. motor mounts will work fine on your Xploder...

90 Bronco II Engine Swap.. 5.0 pictures from trucks photos on webshots
he's got an australian ford falcon ute (pickup) not an explorer.....

these never came with a V8, but do have the same rails and very similar front suspension to the early girl falcons
(XR - XY/XA-XC/XD-XF)
they were the last to use this front end, as the front end was completley redesigned with the next series (EA through EL Falcon)

so thats why i mentioned that the efi windsor should drop straight in with XR-XY windsor mounts.....

anyway, what trans are you using? if you use a C series 3 speed auto, use the old transmount - the holes should already be in the rails...
if you're using a 4 speed auto from the donor car the five point oh came from, you'll have to sourse an XG Falcon ute trans mount....

have fun with the conversion and please post some pics as progress moves along
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:11   #8 (permalink)

Very intrested in this conversion your doing as i'm considering doing the same but with a xf panelvan and maybe using an older windsor running cleveland heads and lpg.Have been toying with the idea for ages as the 250 may need some work anyhow to bring it up to scaratch,will be waiting anxciously to see how you go with it all!Hopefully there won't be too many dramas for you.
paneltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:20   #9 (permalink)
i'll never grow up

i know there are issues with the heater core outlets Being in the way on a Clevaland to XF conversion..

LOL I just saw what my missus has changed my custom user title too.. revenge will be sweet
95 Mustang GT 302: VQ-S2 Vortech - Edelbrock Intake - BBK 70mm TB - UPR Boostpipe - TwEECer - Walbro 255 & T-Rex fuel pump - MSD btm - Crane HI-6 - 36# injectors - Pro-m 80mm MAF - Kirban FPR - FMS 9mm leads - FMS 3.73 Gears - Transgo Shift kit - B&M cooler - Saleen guage pod, FMS Boost and FP guages - R/H drive - Eibach Springs - Holley headers, http://www.meales.com.au
gtcoupe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech