Accelerate Problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2004, 05:32   #1 (permalink)

Question Accelerate Problem

Help please I have a EF Fairmont with a V8 the problem is every time I go to accelerate the accelerator is very hard to push down. The car also wheel spins in the wet which is now becoming very annoying. Iíve already checked the accelerator cable and it is not damaged or fraid I tried putting some oil on the throttle body and it is still hard to push down. Can anybody please help
pockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2004, 06:04   #2 (permalink)

Re: Accelerate Problem

I think every one has trouble with wheel spin in the wet, have you unhocked the cable and see if it goes in and out freely
cogo_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 06:09   #3 (permalink)

checkk the spring on the t/b that it isn't catching on anything, other than that try lubricating the accelerater cable

http://www.fpvtickfordclubwa.com.au/phpBB2/index.php

http://www.tweecer.com

http://www.icenet.com.au/~pie
eb2flyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 06:30   #4 (permalink)

Sadly i don't have any problem putting my accelorator to the floor and the police have (old now) records to prove it.
Is the carpet or similar getting in the way. If not i would recommend replacing the cable asap. just in case you end up getting a catch in the cable with throttle open. Makes a breast hard to stop in a hurry!!!!!!!!
Otherwise Disconnect the cable and see if it's a T/B problem.
Does your car have LSD?
My mother old Au fairmont (six) had the same problem and it came down to non lsd and crappy (for the wet) tires. The tires should have nice wide radial grooves to move water away from the contact area with the road. The tires mum had were also like ice skates (to me) for a big car.
TKTDSGM Member
AU2XLSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 05:21   #5 (permalink)

Thank you for you replyís

I fix it the Accelerate Problem I clean out the t/b whit a clean cloth and now the accelerator is easy to push down
pockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech