All around problems :( - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 20:49   #1 (permalink)

All around problems :(

So I made a post a while ago when I tried to switch to a different carb with a better choke and ended up going back to the old one anyway. Well now that venerable 2150 is giving me troubles. A lot has changed since I last posted, I finally decided to fix the burnt valve (which turned out to be a completely destroyed valve seat and ruined cylinder head and two bent pushrods, so I got a new one of everything broken and put everything back together with some help from a friend of mine, very knowledgeable guy. Once everything was back together I started the car after a little hassle and work it was running really rich so I would start it then turn the fuel mixture screws down until it smelled ok and ran good without throttle bog. Then whenever I would shut it off it wouldn't start so I would have to back the fuel screws back out to start it, then one time I got it started everything was running good and there was a miss and then the engine kept running, I decided to give it a little rev and as soon as I touched the gas the car died. (BTW when the car would start the fuel screws were almost falling out of the carb. So after it crapped out I pulled the carb and did some tinkering making sure all the parts were the correct ones ( for a while I swapped in some parts from one of the three 2100s I have lying around) after that I put the carb back on still wouldn't start. A few days later I had some more time to work on it and I found that the check ball was missing so I grabbed that out of one of the other carbs, still no starting. The entire time it's had a little backfiring going on not often usually when I let off the key and throttle a big fireball comes out of the carb. Also every time I try to start it sputters and almost catches but as soon as I let off the key it doesn't run, how ever sometimes when I have the pedal to the floor it fires a little really slow but as soon as I lift it dies, this happens regardless of fuel screw position. Also for turning the screws I always start at 1 and 1/2 turns out from all the way in, which seems like the norm for a starting point. This carb is on top of a 351W completely stock besides MSD Blaster II and 100 amp alternator. Any and all help/ideas are appreciated.
72Custom500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech