Ford Forums banner

Another how much kw question

2K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  AU2XLSV8 
#1 ·
Hey all. This is my first post and i'm lovin the site so far. I have an AU2 xls V8 as my name suggests. mods are as follows. Pacemaker extractors, 3 inch exhaust, porting of the gt40 (iron) heads, tickford intake. I'm contemplating a new manifold/mas sensor (?) change before thinking cam down the track. It's an auto but a lil different with a c10 3 speed... long story, was super charged (vortec) i'm a lil shy of spending the money needed for boost now (car becomes a money pit). Also wondering comp tuning ect and what pwer i should have and then what i can hope to expect! Thanks for any help here.

#2 ·
good heads, induction etc 180 to 200 rwkw

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Are you happy with your trick flow inlet or would you go another brand? also how about the e303?

#4 ·
Also should say that bottom end is rebuilt with hyperutectics, arp rod studs etc. what revs should i look for. i'm thinking 6500.

#5 ·
Where abouts are you in QLD, I wouldn't mind having a look at this ute.

#6 ·
TFS is o/k but the local importers tend to bring in the cheaper unported heads,though still very good heads.It lets the AFR take some credit with there cnc ported heads, though they are more expensive..
Imo I'd use the Crane 2030 or 2031[depending on rocker rario] for well street manered motor.With there extra valve lift it helps with good flowing heads.
The alphabet cams are alittle old tech.But heaps of people make some good power with them still.
Trickflow I'm happy with but Edelbrock is just as good.I see they say Holley actually flow good too but inlet has to face drivers side, it cannot be tuned either way as others...[Remember I'm turbo'd so I can use a bigger inlet etc and lot loose much bottom end]
Ford imo stopped developement of this engine way back around 93 Cobra..Apart from T lll series that is.Aftermarket took over in a big way...Ala Chevy...

#7 ·
TwinPiston i'm on the Sunshine Coast (maroochydore). Where in bris are you. Would be worth a look at your ride as well.

#9 ·
Love the ford chic!!! So your bro'n'law is up here. Whats he drive? I hope i'm not the only maroochy (sunshine coast) windsor flying the flag.
Ebxr8240 what do you use for manifolds to your turbo's? thanks.

#11 ·
Hahaha. life is pretty straight without... umm windsors!
I was a melb boy until 15ths ago! Had Vortec on the ute running 8psi (ish) 218 rwkw but computer hastles brought my kingdom (s.e. suburbs to a piston smashing, rod bending stop). My ute was the first Au v8 fitted with Vortec kit the capa bracket is apparently based on it. Too bad the comp sys they fitted didn't have the same success.

#12 ·
I should be travelling up that way at the end of January to plan the rest of my wedding, so I will be around for a couple of days.

#13 ·
That sounds like a big boo boo on capa's behalf, did they help you out at all!!!!

#14 ·
Capa wern't all that helpful at all they wanted me to travel to adelaid and pay for the fix. In thier defence though it wasn't their computer sys that destroyed it all it was from L.P.gas 1 (performance development) that the bad news and months of treking back and forth to lilydale to fix the constant problems. Usually pinging of course! They said the unichip wouldn't work even though another bloke in the same street had Herrods old silver xr8 ute ride with the powerdyne on it using unichip. Was all bad news but its all history now and money poorly spent. if i go forced induction again, it will be twins turbo's like our eb friend! and much reasearch into computer as well.

#15 ·
TwinPiston, great if your up here for the planning of the big day please drop me a line and we can catch up and compare notes etc. will be great to see!!!

#16 ·
AU2XLSV8. Ebxr8240 what do you use for manifolds to your turbo's? thanks.[/QUOTE said:
They are custom made from cast steam pipe and ceramic coated.

#18 ·
Yeah sure not a prob.

#19 ·
You guys have been a great help! Now all i need to do is recover from xmas (couplaweeks) and get into that engine bay again!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.