au xr8 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2005, 03:15   #1 (permalink)

au xr8

i have an au I xr8 and have already fitted a full custom exhuast by liverpool exhaust. and i was thinking about fitting the intake system from an au III TS/E50 to it. does anyone know if it can be done, if it is worth it and how much it might cost for the components ?????
capri 3000gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2005, 04:08   #2 (permalink)

Re: au xr8

Can be done, the intake I think came off the stroker engines and if you could find one you would probably need about 5 grand. A1 high performance in Perth have one and thats what they are asking for it??????? Not really worth it. Plenty of aftermarket stuff around though.
blueprinted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:15   #3 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

You talking about the air intake or the intake manifold? If air intake, then yeah you can do it but gains will be minimal as the one you have is fine until around 180rwkw. If intake manifold then as blueprinted said, just go aftermarket.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:52   #4 (permalink)

im talking about the whole intake of the engine.... so in short both.
im just want the engine to breathe better as it really struggles aroung 4500+. i just thought the ts/e intake system would breathe a lot better. and it also has the tickford intake which looks good.
capri 3000gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 05:59   #5 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Ok well then you best option is an aftermarket intake. The T3 intake was a custom tickford unit and if you can find one will be expensive. There are tons of great aftermarket intakes out ther, Edelbrock Performer or Trickflow Street Heat would be my pics.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 02:27   #6 (permalink)

I asked the local Ford dealer and apparently IF they can get one trade price is $2750.00 upper and lower are sold as seperate items(1550/1200). Money is better spent on tfs or edelbrock jobbies at around $1000.00 and the spare $$ can go towards a cam to really help your intake problems. Mine breaths great till 5000 rpm and then Okay till 5500-6000. Explorer (stock) inlet.
TKTDSGM Member
AU2XLSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 03:47   #7 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Hi rpm inlet or stroker with this inlet I would like to see how they perform...Extending the inlet runners will result in lower rpm torque...As said great for forced induction...
Similar to TE50 but wilder...Would need solid lifters and good valve assembly...
http://www.trickflow.com/product/man...i_51500008.asp
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech