AU XR8 Auto - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2004, 23:50   #1 (permalink)
R/E Agent with "ATTITUDE"

AU XR8 Auto

My son just bought himself a AU XR8 Auto...... its got no mods to it apart from a pair of hotdogs!..... i was wondering what u guys thought that should be done 2 it..... 2 try n get the most performance out of it for the least amount of $$$$$ any suggestions would be great!

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2004, 00:14   #2 (permalink)

Re: AU XR8 Auto

I would of thought you would know what would work & what wouldn't with the car you have.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 00:18   #3 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

As normal, extractors and exhaust would be first. The AU heads and intake flow plenty so I would then throw in a crane 2031 or 2030 cam and roller rockers, that should give a really good improvement to performance..
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 00:29   #4 (permalink)

Sorry about my useless comment but looking at the specs of your car he should pinch some bits off it.Seriously i agree with EDXR8 go for exhaust & a decent air filter first.

Last edited by Gambit; 03-25-2004 at 00:31.
Old 03-25-2004, 00:51   #5 (permalink)
XR82GO

I can definately recomend pacemaker extractors having just fitted them to my Au 2 xr8 ute along with a dual 2 1/2 exhaust. $1000 - $2000
Air filter BMC or K&n $120 - $145
Diff gears are something that you should consider, up to 3.7 would make a big improvment without effecting fuel consumption to much. (standard ratio 3.45) $800 -$1400 depending on condition of diff. (1 of my next mods)
Bigger stall converter / shift kit
Then some think like a UNICHIP (10% @ the wheels increase) or custom chiptorque chip. Unichip $1300 / Chiptorque custom $700(1 of my next mods)
After that you start looking into cams/heads/intakes etc.

You should be looking at what will work well for the $. Not so much what is the cheapest. But V8 parts aren't cheap. Have a stiff drink before you ask ford the price of plugs or leads for the first time..

sylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:08   #6 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Didn't you own the nice Black 300kw+ Herrod moded AU XR8, supercharged(maybe) why not just ask Mr Herrod,you should know what work's with the AU XR8's.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 01:23   #7 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

300RWKW, some poeple would be happy with half of that at the wheels. I would go for exhaust and 1.7 roler rockers first. Then look at cam/intake/heads. Chip you could always do after just exhaust and roller rockers but it's best to get the chip after you've done all your mods as you probably know you need to get it re dynotuned again after you put another mod on.
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 01:25   #8 (permalink)
R/E Agent with "ATTITUDE"

The only reason why the car isnt at herrods at the moment is because my son wants to pay for everything himself..... and at the moment he doesnt have enough $$$ to get the herrod products.... so he was looking for other ways... His thinking of maybe just leaving the car standard saving his money until the end of the year.... selling the car and getting somthing with more potential
Old 03-28-2004, 02:08   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmarv
The only reason why the car isnt at herrods at the moment is because my son wants to pay for everything himself..... and at the moment he doesnt have enough $$$ to get the herrod products.... so he was looking for other ways... His thinking of maybe just leaving the car standard saving his money until the end of the year.... selling the car and getting somthing with more potential
Good to hear he doesn't want to bludge off his old man.Sounds like he has a plan of what he wants with a newer car.Good luck to him either way mate & let us know how he goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech