au1 fairlane hunting and surging problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2005, 04:47   #1 (permalink)

au1 fairlane hunting and surging problems

my old man has an au1 farilane, on cold start up u can hold throttle on 2000rpm and nothing happens,but about a minute into the warm up it hunts up and down , let it sit at idle the same thing hunting. also while driving it surges very slightly at all speeds until full throttle, then u dont notice it.

ive been told it could be temp sender, map sensor, or egr.
ive been searching the forums but all ive come up with is hutting problems with the eb-el series, im told these are different.

the car has had all the fillters done and recently it had the leads and plugs done beacuse it had a bad miss on load which is fixed now, its done 65,000kms.

any help would much appreciated
burnout9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2005, 05:29   #2 (permalink)

Re: au1 fairlane hunting and surging problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnout9
my old man has an au1 farilane, on cold start up u can hold throttle on 2000rpm and nothing happens,but about a minute into the warm up it hunts up and down , let it sit at idle the same thing hunting. also while driving it surges very slightly at all speeds until full throttle, then u dont notice it.

ive been told it could be temp sender, map sensor, or egr.
ive been searching the forums but all ive come up with is hutting problems with the eb-el series, im told these are different.

the car has had all the fillters done and recently it had the leads and plugs done beacuse it had a bad miss on load which is fixed now, its done 65,000kms.

any help would much appreciated
g-day i have an au2 xr8 i had the same problem with surging and hunting i took it to our mechanic he changed fuel filter and surging stopped the hunting bought a 2nd hand maf and car is good now wayne.
wayne2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 05:31   #3 (permalink)

what fuel is it drinking ,premium be the go
wayne2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:31   #4 (permalink)
i'll never grow up

why will premium fix hunting?
A good start will be a vacuum leak. check all your hoses and fittings. very easy to knock one small hose off. have done it numerous times. the vacuum leak it has produced, is introducing air in to the intake that has not been calculated for by the air flow meter
95 Mustang GT 302: VQ-S2 Vortech - Edelbrock Intake - BBK 70mm TB - UPR Boostpipe - TwEECer - Walbro 255 & T-Rex fuel pump - MSD btm - Crane HI-6 - 36# injectors - Pro-m 80mm MAF - Kirban FPR - FMS 9mm leads - FMS 3.73 Gears - Transgo Shift kit - B&M cooler - Saleen guage pod, FMS Boost and FP guages - R/H drive - Eibach Springs - Holley headers, http://www.meales.com.au
gtcoupe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech