best ecu chip 4 au xr8 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2006, 01:07   #1 (permalink)

best ecu chip 4 au xr8

looking at upgrading the au2 xr8 ute with a ecu chip whats the go good value for money or better of with a cam P&p the heads , I see with powerchip gold upgrade it increases the stock 200kw to 224kw torque to 466nm would like to get the ute to a least - 240kw 480nm
running stock ford headers 2.5 exhaust & SSinduction -so maybe 215kw at the mo,
ssinduction+headers+powerchip=235kw 475nm est.so cam tidy the heads
maybe 250kw 480-490nm est. (ba XR8 500nm)

whats you guys think
jm EF XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2006, 05:42   #2 (permalink)

Re: best ecu chip 4 au xr8

I KNOW WHAT PEOPLE QUOTE BUT IV NEVER SEEN MORE THAN 12hp GAIN WITH A UNICHIP OR A STD COMPUTER MOD. MY 2000 SERIES 2 5 SPEED XR8 UTE HAS SS INDUCTIONS AIR INTAKE, PLUS AN EXTRA HOLE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE AIR BOX AND ALL THE WEBING REMOVED+KN FILTER, PACEMAKER TUNED LENGTH EXTRACTORS, UNICHIP COMPUTER, 1.72 ROLLER ROCKERS, 2 1/2 MANDREL TWIN SS EXHAUST, MANIFOLD HEAT SPACER AND ONLY GETS 234 RWHP OR APROX 235kw AT THE MOTOR. IM SICK OF THE BOLT ONS, IV GOT ALLOY 347w WAITING.. CHEERS..
xrglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 13:29   #3 (permalink)

whats the 347 conversing going to cost -will be buying a manual au pursuit 5.6 as soon as shares hit the 40,000 profit mark. looks cheaper than speading the $$$$ on the 5.0 to make 250kw
Old 02-04-2006, 06:04   #4 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Don't bother with so called 'power chips' or SS inductions intakes (although you already have one), they will do nothing for power levels IMO, and in fact I have seen the chips actually cost power. Only way to do it is to get a custom dyno tuned chip, preferably a chiptorque or the new SCT based AU edit. Many people also get decent results with unichips but IMO they aren't a great option.

The AU's already have a decent top end (heads, intake, TB, MAF etc) and respond really well to cam changes. A cam such as the Crane 2030 or 2031, TFS1 or some of the Crow cams will get you to well over 240kw. All up you will probably be looking at around $600 for the cam, springs and retainers, and $800 or so to fit it. Computer mods generally aren't required as these cams were designed to work with the EECIV/V system.

Porting the heads will give you some improvements, but the stock GT40P's flow quite well. I wouldn't bother with this unless you were going for a stroker, and then the money spent on porting would probably be better put towards some aftermarket alloys.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:25   #5 (permalink)

$12,500 for motor only. but now you could do it for half that.
xrglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 17:15   #6 (permalink)

Ive just finished with rebuilding the EFI windsor, havent even ran it in yet but from what was going to cost $2200 has now reached $4k.. This is a list of work done..
match port heads, larger inlet valves, 10 thou off heads, 621371a crow cam, double row valve springs, cromoly retainers, 30 thou over sized pistons, machined crank & resized conrods.

It has a flat spot when reving from start and due tothis i would strongly suggest that anyone doing mods liek this to get a custom flash tune. This is where herrods is actually cheap compared to the rest of the market at $950 for the SCT flash or $1100 with it and a custom tune but ill wait till its ran in before i get this, and ill keep you posted on power outputs
Old 03-06-2006, 01:10   #7 (permalink)

thanks for the replays great imfo ,cam sound,s the go, then a flash tuner (they out now for the au)also think I,ll change the stock ford headers can get some ts50 5.6 headers cheap look alot larger runners (was told by top race car builder the stock headers should go too small runners if I wanted 250kw+ ) will the ts50 headers suit as they run with the stroker 250kw motor or should the ford headers be fine.

just got my first 710kms to a tankfull 75lts today can,t bet a windsor v8 on crusie control 4 economoy no BA would come close
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech