Ford Forums banner

breakin traction?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  TwinPiston 
#1 ·
gday just wondering what to expect in the near future when i can afford to perform my planned mods.
i got a 302 stocker with a c4 and plan to jazz it up very soon and dont wanna spend too much cash.
i plan to get:
*extractors and 2 1\4 or 1\2 twin system
*edelbrock performer or something along those lines
*600 holley
*and finally a real nice tune
do ya reckon i would be able to light the rears with that setup
i wanna invest in a 3.5 lsd b4 april....(licence)
i know i could problerly light one wheel up with the 2.92 single spinner but i dont wanna go for a 3.5 lsd only to find i cant spin em
cheers
cam

#2 ·
You'll need a cam that has high torque down low to bag the wheels up at the lights. Apart from that, it seems like a nice combo to work with.

Also getting the car to breathe is crucial, so make sure the heads have been cleaned up adequately with perhaps some oversize valves and port work!

Gear ratio sounds ok too. Perhaps go another ratio up to a 3.7-3.9. Windsors love to rev!

Dunno, just a suggestion.

#3 ·
Mate my stocko windsor with the factory 3.45LSD could light em up without stalling up the torque converter when I bought her... the diff will certainly help with this. Since then I've done the mods in my sig and things have only got better ;)

3.9 would be getting to much for me... I'd be happy with a 3.7 or just the 3.45 I've got now is pretty nice!

#4 ·
I hear you Ignition. In the wet, its impossible to get traction off the lights with 3.45's. But I find my motors makes more power higher up the rev range anyway. The 3.45's just bring the power down to a more usable level.

I do beleive xdub69 will still have an excellent combo for breaking traction though!:hy:

#6 ·
stick with the 3.45, that will also give you some drivability at 100k's with out the engine screaming it's tits off!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.