Hello everyone and greetings from Finland!
This is my first post here and I hope my english is good enough to be understood.
I have a 1983 Crown Victoria LTD Country Squire, which has a 1986 302 (S)EFI engine installed in it. The car is in good condition, but has a very annoying problem. First the jerking (correct word?) occured only when I lifted my foot off the gas pedal. Now it jerks also while driving at steady speed. Also the jerks? are more violent than at first. The idle isn't rough, but it wanders. Sometimes it accelerates hard for a second without touching the pedal. Not very nice in traffic jams. The car runs very good on full throttle and in general the mileage seems to be a little bit worse than it should. For some reason the computer doesn't give any codes.
The things that have already been done:
- Someone has blocked/plugged the EGR
- I cleaned the Idle Air Bypass (IAB) valve
- The usual stuff (sparkplugs, distributor rotor, gas and air filters) have been replaced
- Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) has been adjusted to 0,97V
- I also changed the thermostat, because the engine seemed to run a little cold
- The fuel pressure was tested and everything ok there
- The timing chain and gears have been replace
- I cleaned the fuel injectors
- Changed all the intake manifold gaskets (Feel-Pro set)
Now I don't have a clue what to do next
Any hints are very welcome! Thank you very much in advance!