E303 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2004, 15:39   #1 (permalink)
5.0 ED Wagon

E303

Sorry for this old tired question. Please forgive me for asking but I've already tried the new search function but got no success.

I'm rounding up some stuff like new gaskets, burrs etc for when I port my e7s and lower manifold. I'm wanting to put in cam while I'm at it too. The cam that I had in mind is something similar to the fms e303(Blueracer in particular). My car is an auto, has 3.27 gears and weighs about 1500kg. I'm doing this myself (first time I've done this to an eight) for cost reasons and I'm handy with a grinder.

Are there any pitfalls with the cam in question? I would really like to get something like a new inlet, heads and the rest but this is pure budget.

Old 11-26-2004, 21:33   #2 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

Re: E303

Quote:
Originally Posted by banarcus
Sorry for this old tired question. Please forgive me for asking but I've already tried the new search function but got no success.

I'm rounding up some stuff like new gaskets, burrs etc for when I port my e7s and lower manifold. I'm wanting to put in cam while I'm at it too. The cam that I had in mind is something similar to the fms e303(Blueracer in particular). My car is an auto, has 3.27 gears and weighs about 1500kg. I'm doing this myself (first time I've done this to an eight) for cost reasons and I'm handy with a grinder.

Are there any pitfalls with the cam in question? I would really like to get something like a new inlet, heads and the rest but this is pure budget.
Here's some user reviews from the US on a couple of different cams on the mustang 5.0lt.

Click HERE

the house of grunt
Click on the above link to go to a site about my cars, old and new.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 19:25   #3 (permalink)
5.0 ED Wagon

Well after ringing around for this cam, I've got very wild price variances. I cant believe what a rip off these roller cams are. Companies in this country are wanting to fleece anyone they can!!

Price for genuine fms e303 - A$485
Price for speed pro e303 mock up -A$230 ex usa inc postage.

I made enquiries for the blue racer 5.0 ho cam thats similiar to e303(crane oz website) but everyone I called were not helpful, suggesting that I should go for crane, trickflow etc. If I had heaps of bucks then yes I would but my car is not the be all and end all. Its being done on a strict budget. Speed Pro it is...
sorry for the rant,
ban...
Old 12-01-2004, 23:40   #4 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Roller cams are expensive. ou can get the Crane 2040 (exactly the same as the e303) for around $360 but I would be looking at others like the Crane 2031 or 2030 or the Trickflow TFS1 all of which are around $350-400 and will get better results than the e303 based cams and still have better drivability.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:54   #5 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

How much difference you want to pay to swap cams???
I have a E303...But I need a cam for the turbo motor in boat....
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 19:18   #6 (permalink)
5.0 ED Wagon

Thanks for the replies guys, I was just so suprised to see the prices being thrown around, as these prices sure beat the one that I paid for a cam about 10 years back adn the prices of cams in the parts peddler etc.

PM sent to you eb.

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech