Ford Forums banner

Eagle stroker cranks

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dodge 
#1 ·
Just sharing my learning curve with you all - if you buy a Forged Steel stroker crank for the 5.0 it is internally ballanced. This means it should be smoother and has less harmonics but what it does mean is that 50oz counterweighted SFI approved flexplate and harmonic ballancer I just purchased become paperweights. I had Peter Michaels doing my ballancing and he rang me up and gave me the good news :fraz: . Then asked me if I could get him neutral ballanced ones tommorrow so he didn't have to take the crank out of the ballancer :fraz: :fraz:
Oh well - you learn by your mistakes they say...
Shane
(Falcon City - Adelaide)

#3 ·
Yep neutral ballance..The flywheel can be machined though and lightened alittle...To get neutral ballance...

#4 ·
Yeah - we reused the TCI 50oz flexplate by machining off the conterballance weight and getting it back to neutral ballance - I have had to order another ballancer from Romac and airbagged it over. Believe it or not - the freight company had their truck break down so the overnight delivery has turned into over 2 nights delivery :fraz: .
So much for the extra of airfreight.
Shane

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.