Eaton Blower on 302W - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2004, 04:31   #1 (permalink)
Old Fart

confused Eaton Blower on 302W

This is the senario.

I am trying to get my 302W built up for my 2WD hilux ute (actually im trying to get it apart first). I can buy a Eaton M90 supercharger from EvilCheif to put onto this engine. From all the info i have read from the states it should work.
http://www.automotive.eaton.com/prod...argers/M90.asp

Bearing in mind that im not building a stove hot race motor, this is going into my ute as a daily driver because of all the shit i have to carry around for work. wont be reved past 5500rpm and probably run 8psi. ute is manual and diff gears will be 3.9's

*Will be run on LPG so do i really need a intercooler?
*Will a basic bottom end rebuilt with slighly lower compresion pistons be ok? (thinking 9:1 because of the LPG)
*do i really need a new crank and heavy duty rods or will the standards hold together? (1968 windsor from a fairlane)
*do i need any head work apart from port matching all the manifolds?
*is 200rwkw's possible (torque is more important but kw's impress ur mates)

if anyone has any comments good or bad let me know, the blower is going to be a very tight fit so i may forget the idea and use it on the wifes hyundai.

XG S-Pack Longreach. Manual
boy am i happy
muttaburra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2004, 05:35   #2 (permalink)
Turbo 351TC "Coming soon"

Re: Eaton Blower on 302W

If it's a std 302w then your compression wont be an issue. I'd say it wouldn't need a intercooler for 8psi. As for the bottom end i'd just throw on some ARP or what ever brand you like rod bolts for good measure. The crank and rods will be fine and if you have the $$$ to spare i'd go with a little bit of a tidy up around the ports maybe bigger valves and some good head gaskets. As for 2000rwkw's I'm not sure on that I think you'll be asking a little too much. I've never played with a Windsor with a blower "YET" so i'm only guessing on that. Best of luck
Cheers Brett
TD302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 06:00   #3 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Re: Eaton Blower on 302W

200 rwkw can be achieved with a healthy 5 Ltr N/A ..So 240 rwkw easy......Need boost retard or some system that retards under boost...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech