Ford Forums banner

EB 5.0 mods

4K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  NoBByxr8 
#1 ·
ive just bought an EB falcon V8 and im wanting to mod the beast.
its already got extractors and exhaust. ive got around 3 grand absolute max to spend, keeping in mind i cant do anything myself so it has to be done at a shop, so what mods can i do to the windsor for 3 grand including getting fitted.
i was thinking cam and heads, i dunno.

#4 ·
is it auto??? if its auto then get a manual conversion for sure as they are so much quicker.... a 4spd would be half clagged to begin with... my i6 was pathetic with the auto like they all are.... as soon as I put the manual in I was being told constantly my car runs like an 8

#5 ·
you'd probably get as much improvement from doing

airflow meter - $450-500 approx
65/70mm throttle body - $500
1.7 rollers - $500
underdrive pullies - $250
manifold - $1000

you should be able to fit most of these yourself...

#7 ·
SiKEDXR8 said:
I'd be inclined to do the manifold and the heads..... but it depends on how much you want to spend on heads (if you wanna go that way)
Yeah the manifold is the biggest restriction of all glowing only about 135vfm per runner. The next in line are the heads which flow around 150cfm. I too would be doing intake manifold, underdrive pulleys and probably roller rockers first, and then save up for a head and cam swap.

#8 ·
I got some manifolds, throttle and maf for sale! Gotta go! Did the same thing to my car and it gave it a nice boost particuarlly at high rpm. Pity the heads are so crap though. It also lost the ashtmatic engine going to explode feeling at 5000rpm. Now revs to 5500 with no drama's

edit if you buy em install will be free ;) youll be leavin a happy man at 5000rpm

#12 ·
$1200. You'd also need to get lower manifld to head gaskets which are about $170 trade price from memory. On my engine which was essentially stock I saw 10kw in the top end. The major thing is it removed a coup,e of bottle necks in the system. I expect to see a big yump inn power when i change the heads.

#13 ·
/me goes off to find $1370...

Goddammit! All these things I want to do to my EB & can't. Oh, the missus lost her job, but f**k her, I'm keeping the EB anyway. She can go without, lol :MrSparkle

-Dave-

#14 ·
NZ said:
$1200. You'd also need to get lower manifld to head gaskets which are about $170 trade price from memory. On my engine which was essentially stock I saw 10kw in the top end. The major thing is it removed a coup,e of bottle necks in the system. I expect to see a big yump inn power when i change the heads.
I bought a lower manifold to head gasket for my manifold change and it cost around 40 bucks. Dunno if they are the same as the ford one but it looked damn similar, it was a felpro 1250

#19 ·
Beastford said:
hey ignition, what have u done to your beast to get it doing those1/4mile times?
Not much really. I've got pacemakers, original cats, original y-piece then single 2½" mandrel bent cat back with a single lukey straight through.

On the intake side I've got an EL GT snorkel, K&N filter, my own special ram air tube into the airbox (decided to do this after I had back to back dyno runs, one with hood up one with it down)
http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=57996

I've got a BPT underdrive pulley which I recommend (somehow made the tone of the engine much throatier) and 1.7:1 FMS roller rockers (I don't think they're doing much because the HO manifold flows only... what... 125cfm. Lift helps with high flow, duration helps with low flow.
http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?t=60312

That's about it I think! I may have bumped the !Gn|T|0n timing a couple of degrees but I can’t remember now… and I always run premium.

#20 ·
Where is this imfamous manifold that you speak of!!!

#22 ·
Im in the same boat as beastford limit money and after more power thoe I`ve done alil bit of car work just not efi stuff so far I`ve put a 3" lukey on it (she loves to rev now and also sounds lovely yet still quiet) K&N panel filter and a power chip I was thinking a new cam but thats probably going to be abit of work and Im not sure if the 302s of that year had soild or roller lifters

and BPT underdrive pulley what is that how much and where from :p

cheers

#25 ·
PigDog said:
Is the 1250 the one I need to put my explorer manifold on?
Yeah the 1250 is the one you want.

NoBByxr8 said:
Im not sure if the 302s of that year had soild or roller lifters

and BPT underdrive pulley what is that how much and where from :p

cheers
All EFI V8 motors in australia motors have roller lifters. The underdrive puley is a smaller diameter crank pully which reduces the spin of the waterpump, alternator and power steering pump giving you more power. It gives you 10rwhp (7rwkw) and is about $200-250 from Batterns performance (http://www.norcom.net.au/~bpt/)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.