eb 5liter - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2002, 13:37   #1 (permalink)
Dicko

eb 5liter

does anyone else in here have a 5 liter i just bought one and i want to know what to look out for thanx guys hope to show u all it soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2002, 15:57   #2 (permalink)
Ford Anti B&S Squad

What is it a V8

Falcon
Farimont
Fairlane
Tickford?

If its any of those its pretty damn good. All you have to look out for is just the common EB problams. The windsor 5 litres were good engines and if you take good care of it will last a long time. Plus with a little tweaking can put out an insane amount of power. Get a exhaust system first thing. Ford love to choke the shit out of there engines especially the V8's.
EA90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 22:17   #3 (permalink)
boosted sleeper

Ive got an EB XR8 and I was told to watch your cooling system.
That fact is, if your car has sat for a long time before you bought it, it may cause problems with it's idling.
My car was bought at a Car Yard in Adelaide and after I bought it I got an RAA inspection and they told me it needed a fair bit of attention allround. Pissed off as I was, I went back to the car yard 12 times before the car was running the way I wanted it.

It's best to use your warranty to fix up problems that you can't see from the outside, and get a professional, reputable, mechanic or car checking service to go over the car BEFORE or after (like me) your purchase it.
I believe to have gotten at least $2500-$3500 worth of parts & labour out of the car yard, because I used the warranty for all it's worth!!!
Now, my car runs like a dream, and I've had nearly a trouble free year of driving it since i owned it!
BTW, you can buy a 3year warranty from a MTA approved workshop as an after thought if had purchased your car privately.
I would recommend that who ever you choose, it is someone you sincerely trust more than a close friend!
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 23:31   #4 (permalink)
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member

Ive got one... a EBII Fairmont Ghia wagon. Bloody marvelous engine, just keeps on goin after the 60,000k's ive put on her.
Mine has just turned over 250,000k's with oil changes every 5,000. Havent had a single problem.... although i'd recommend changing to aftermarket extractors.

1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia 5.0L Wagon,
Lowered, Tinted, 17" Speedy Ravens & 2.5" Sports Exhaust.
( 1 of 26 built )

AND

1985 Telstar TX5 Turbo, stock as a rock.
eb_5litre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 19:43   #5 (permalink)
No Point Owning A Stocker

The 5.0L windsor is well know for blowing head gaskets, what ive done to fix this (as mine broke 2 head bolts then blew the gasket one day) was to ditch the standard head bolts and fit after market head studs witch car be torqued down an extra 25nm over the standard 95nm, Ive also fitted quality ACL gaskets.
Old 07-15-2002, 00:23   #6 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Thread moved. I'm not sure how it got into Events & Meets

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 07:13   #7 (permalink)
huddo1

eb11 ghia v8

i have a ebii fairmont ghia and i think it is great the ford just sits on the road like a rock i know what you mean about the exhaust just fitted a ford explorer v8 manifold and intake with stagered ports instead of inline ports and bigger inlets giving an axtra 20kw roughly you can feel the touque differents
Old 07-24-2002, 04:33   #8 (permalink)

I have a EB fairmont II 5 litre, has the digital dash and all the fruit inc electric sunroof, it doesnt have electric windows for some reason, its not bad but hey, i havent had any problems with it

can someone tell me how i can make it go that little bit faster without handing the $$$ over, it has a full twin 2 inch system on it as well but its severely muffled im going to remove them one day, anyone have any ideas

regards Brett
SIKPUPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 04:39   #9 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Hi Sikpupy. From what you just described it sounds like your Fairmont is the series I. This came with the digital dash, and power windows were optional.

For performance ideas, browse our 'Modifications inc. Audio' forum!

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2002, 07:58   #10 (permalink)

Jack its definately a series II, the compliance plates say its a series II, I also fumbled onto myford.com and put my VIN number into it and it also told me it was a series II, its odd cos the interior in it is like the ed fairmont and it has a ed or el plastic thing on the boot, i think its the plastic reflector thingy thats around the number plate etc, im not too sure but thats what i have been told.

The guy I bought it off has done nothing too it and it is as it rolled off the factory floor, minus the rims and suspension. I will get to the bottom of this one day
SIKPUPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech