eb xr8? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2004, 05:38   #1 (permalink)
nuthin' like a blown 6

eb xr8?

how well do they go? im interested in buying one but have been told there are problems with the heads and that its better to put money into a 6 than than the eb 8... anyone here have a eb xr8 that can fill me in? thanx
SUPER6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2004, 05:43   #2 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Re: eb xr8?

The engines are very reliable but the stock heads and intake don't flow very well. To get more that about 140rwkw you will need to go for some aftermarket heads and intake. Stock they put out about 110rwkw, you can get that up to 130ish with a decent exhaust, extractors, thermo fans and 1.72 roller rockers.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 06:07   #3 (permalink)
what u lookin at

ive driven a couple of em, one had 320,000kms on it and still went as good as one with only 180,000km. theres not a huge difference between the power of the 6 to the v8, especially if its an ef or later. ive now decided im gonna buy my mums car EB rebuilt 6cyl, and turbo it. cheaper 4 me and will get more power 4 the dollar.
although its hard to beat the sound of a modified v8 windsor. if u wanted more power than the 140rwkw as stated above, better heads and manifolding can cost in excess of $2000 easily, but it would be worth it.
unlike my mums car you already get LSD, sports susp, good mags.etc. and more power to begin with.
needturbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 10:25   #4 (permalink)

only xr8 manuals got the lsd standard, the auto's was an option, one that unfortunatly many people didnt take.

but hay even if the 6 is better value it doesnt have the v8 sound......
eb_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 14:39   #5 (permalink)
nuthin' like a blown 6

hmmm its so confusin when gettin a bloody car lol like its my second but i been stuck between the eb xr8 and playin with that or the eb xr6 and possibly turbocharging it (everyone agrees with that one) but turbo's do require a fair bit of cash! now me mates sayin i should get a 6cyl ef which are pretty zippy and work that.. now its gotten me even more confused cause i luv the look of dumped ef's with rims!

how much are the ef's with the optional 5litres in em worth these days? i cant see i seen many at all for sale..

btw she wont be used for compitition use so i aint talkin 10+ thou of mods, just a schmik everyday hsv killer!
Old 09-17-2004, 15:24   #6 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

The EF V8 is almost the same engine as E.B..Good exhaust on any V8 makes a difference...
If you turbo an EB/D XR6 a std Forte/ GLI head is better..An E.F head is even better for flow.The XR series have alittle too high compression for turbo's...Imo
Unless you rebuild whole engine, with lo comp slugs...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 15:26   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPER6
im interested in buying one
I have one for sale
Laurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 16:21   #8 (permalink)

are you looking at a series 2 EB? for some reason, some of the series II's had forged pistons and where pretty well balanced from factory, with just a set of pacemakers, oversized cats, and a single 2 1/2" with only a hotdog(at the rear), and a pod filter mine was pulling 15.1 sec 1/4. the series II manuals were freaks

http://www.fpvtickfordclubwa.com.au/phpBB2/index.php

http://www.tweecer.com

http://www.icenet.com.au/~pie
eb2flyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 18:10   #9 (permalink)
nuthin' like a blown 6

yeh id prefer to go the latest one of the eb xr8 range and if they are more refined n stuff like ya say then i definatley will. manual for sure too! hopefully in a month or two ill be goin shoppin just finshin up tafe so cant really work much atm so not pullin much in hahaha

im lookin forward to it, like i said to dad keepin the v8 tradition. wish i had his car when he was 19, the XY GT!!
Old 09-22-2004, 04:54   #10 (permalink)

well i don't know whats going on with EB II XR8 over there but down here my xr8 with a cam, au xr8 snorkel, genies(which I'm getting rid off cause they're too small) and twin 2 1/4 into single 2/ 1/2 puts out 154.6 rwkws in shoot out mode. standard manifold, standard heads. I'm not sure of any other internals as I haven't had it apart yet. btw this is without a chip either.
check out edelbrock manifolds, afr heads etc can get between 200 and 20 rwks without even touching the bottom end.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/537474
1993 EB II XR8
Original EB GT body kit
EB GT Rims
EL Thermo Fans
Genie Headers
5 Speed
Cruise, Sunroof, Elect windows - all factory
156 rwkw's
GTENVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech