EL II XR8 Exhaust - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2005, 19:23   #1 (permalink)
Safety Commitee Tim

EL II XR8 Exhaust

just a couple of quick questions.

the standard headers of an EL II XR8 ive read are similar to EL GT Headers. Are they the grey powder colored headers?

And also, from the link below can anybody tell what type of exhaust the car is running? http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/543701

The rear muffler is SuperCat Performance.. has anybody heard of this brand?

sorry guys couldnt remember how to get pics up.

thanks tim.

XR8 MUMBO HERE
EF_Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2005, 19:41   #2 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Re: EL II XR8 Exhaust

The exhaust just looks like a custom made system, thats what most exhaust shops do, ans supercat is a decent muffler.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 22:21   #3 (permalink)
If Only I Had Lexus Power

Advanced headers are grey and of good quality, they look similar to the ones pictured - They are made in adelaide

As for supercat, They are ok as long as you like cheap dodgey things made in malaysia that cost sfa to produce
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive
redGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 01:44   #4 (permalink)
Safety Commitee Tim

uh huh ... 1 says decent one says bad .. right so my best intrest would be to replace it completly or maybe just some headers and high flow cats? its just that the headers look so clean and new, whereas the exhaust and cats are old and scungy looking. Just thought sum1 mite know, cos i cant see any brand stamp on the headers, and as i said the cats look factory old.

XR8 MUMBO HERE
Old 03-25-2005, 02:15   #5 (permalink)

how dam hard is it to change plugs on the back two cylinders?
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 02:23   #6 (permalink)
If Only I Had Lexus Power

Advanced normally have their brand welded to the extractors somewhere, The extractors look mandrell bent, but i cant see weld joints in the bends so they must be factory ????? /Aftermarket

I doubt they would be custom extractors, Unless ur motor is some wild beast the windsors are very well supported in the aftermarket industry and it would be labour intensive to make a custom set of extractors rather than bolting up one of the 15 types avail (off the top of my head)

If you want an opinion on the supercat muffler why dont u ask an exhaust shop, although you may get varying replies from diffrent shops

Why do u want to replace your current system, is it too loud/quiet or are u after more power

Ps to answer your question the primarys on the GT-P heads are much larger, and also the angle of the pipes are diffrent to enable the plugs to be removed
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive

Last edited by redGhia; 03-25-2005 at 02:29.
redGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:11   #7 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

The headers do look like the factory EL GT type ones, as said most aftermarket brands have their logo stamped into them. The headers are fairly decent and will probably handle around 160rwkw without much restriction. Upgradign to a tri-y design like pacemakers etc should give you a bit more power throughout the rev range.

Just to clarify when I said supercats were decent mufflers, the impression I get from a number of exhaust places is they are amongst the top of the cheap brands, and I wouldn't go changing them just because of the brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redGhia
the primarys on the GT-P heads are much larger, and also the angle of the pipes are diffrent to enable the plugs to be removed
Not sure where GT40P heads came into it, but they normally run the same size primaries as E7's as going any larger is overkill and clearance problems with the plugs becomes an issue. But yeah the GT40P specific header pipes normally come out a bit further from the heads before the first bend to allow easier access to the spark plugs.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 22:56   #8 (permalink)
Safety Commitee Tim

dont plan on changing it at all. was just wondering. will be upgrading things like MAF, CAM , GT40P's and so on eventually, and just was curious abou tit. Porbbaly will change it all overto something flash oneday. thanks for your help guys.

XR8 MUMBO HERE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech