Electronic Dizzy- will it fit...??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2005, 00:14   #1 (permalink)

Electronic Dizzy- will it fit...???

Hi, just thought I would wander over "to the dark side" to ask a question for a mate. Will a dizzy out of a later windsor (1985 F series) fit an earlier 302?

The oil pump drive looks longer. Will it still fit, or can you trim the end off, or is it a 100% no-go? Any info appreciated, thanks.
RPO-083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2005, 17:08   #2 (permalink)

Re: Electronic Dizzy- will it fit...???

easiest way is to have both dizzys side by side.
I suggest swaping the drive gears over if the electric dizzy is out of a roller cam engine. and if you are using the inductive type dizzy use in conjuction with a XF ignition module. there should be three wires earth and two triggers. Ussually there is a purple and an orange wire. connect both the orange and black wire to earth and the purple to the trigger on the module. I have put a factory ford electric dizzy to my early windsor though I am not sure what year it is it fitted with very little trouble and has vastly improved the performance of the enigine.
Old 10-31-2005, 00:09   #3 (permalink)

Side by side the most noticeable difference is the length of the shaft....... The dizzy is a TFI (I think). I all for just making it fit, but my mate is a bit of a skeptic!!
Old 10-31-2005, 01:41   #4 (permalink)

Don't worry...... I just found some old info. The dizzy is definitely TFI, so NO advance. Oh well.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech