Ford Forums banner

Engine Problems

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  mike1 
#1 ·
:driver: I own a 1999 Windstar van, While I was driving the engine stalled and the headlights remained on. I towed it back to my house. Now, the van won't even turn over. need help!

Mike

#4 ·
Code readers are worth their weight in gold. Even when my car is under warrantee I plug it in to see what codes are stored so I know what's going on. Then if the dealer says something that sounds stupid I can call his bluff on it. I also used to be an Auto Tech long ago so I am rather familiar with things.

Sometimes the code can narrow it down to a single component and knowing that component will let you know exactly what you need to do. Sometimes it just give a starting point.

#5 ·
Ohio XB said:
Code readers are worth their weight in gold. Even when my car is under warrantee I plug it in to see what codes are stored so I know what's going on. Then if the dealer says something that sounds stupid I can call his bluff on it. I also used to be an Auto Tech long ago so I am rather familiar with things.

Sometimes the code can narrow it down to a single component and knowing that component will let you know exactly what you need to do. Sometimes it just give a starting point.

Thanks, I took the van to the dealership and they told me that it was going to cost me $650.00 to repair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.