Ford Forums banner

flat spot

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  chrisxr8 
#1 ·
my new exhaust seems to be giving alot of trouble know the clutch is fixed i am still left with a flat spot in 1st and sometimes second. it normally happens when i go to take off i put the foot down and theres not much if i hold the pedal in the same posi all of a sudden it just takes off. every now and then whilst doing this the engine sounds really sick and almost stalls but this happens maybe once every couple of days. a mechanic friend seems to think the computer is not relearning even though i have discon the battery several times has anyone experianced this after an exhaust change.
au ser 1 xr8

#2 · (Edited)
Check that your tps [throttle position senser] voltage is going up progresivley as you open throttle...
Edit....
Does it do this when cold ?? Is the 02 sensers in same place as std.. If further down stream the sensers maybe taking longer to heat up etc. Make sure they are connected as apart from taking old exhaust off thats the only part that effects tuning...o/k ???

#3 ·
gave o2 sensors, spark plug leads visual looked fine put in some injector cleaner in still running it through the tank of fuel cleaned throttle body which had a fair amount of black shit in it (probly normal) an cleaned the maf still has a slight miss any other suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.