Ford Forums banner

GT40 Lightning PU--Now what

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CatSkinner 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I have two 351 Lightnings (93'&94'). Both will be approached differently, but, the 93'model is down for a head gasket and won't go together until I decide what to do with the performance issue. Basically, I want to do everything reasonably possible for better perfomance, but to stay with pump gas (89-93 octane) the EFI and intake. This includes potential stroker kits. My problem is that I've never dealt with the 351, and I don't know where its limitations are. The EFI has a Ford SD to MAF conversion, but nothing else, except that the headers appear to be Bassini-type. The pistons are stock low compression, and the valvetrain has roller rockers, and a hydraulic flat tappet (probably stock). I do know that Ford kept the compression low (8.8, I think) and that the cam is a very lov profile, probably less than "RV"status. Obviously, I need to change cam/pistons, but, I don't know if the GT40 head and intake will support more cubes, if I go stroker. Any thoughts and ideas are greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.