GTHO4 Need first 2 pages, 347 stroker info - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2005, 02:37   #1 (permalink)

GTHO4 Need first 2 pages, 347 stroker info

Hi, if anyone has the first 2 pages of info from the 347 stroker info page link, that was posted in a thread a fue weeks ago can they please send them to me via email or post a new thread in here. The original link to these pages does not work. The original thread was

Stroking a 302 Windsor

Or any other information or links reguarding 347 strokers would be awsome, i am begining to build one as soon as i have enough info on these motors. By the way motor will be fitted with alloy heads, run nitrous and will be fitted to a 68 cortina which is all ready for motor an has a 9 inch,

Thankyou fello ford dudes.
mark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2005, 17:40   #2 (permalink)

Re: GTHO4 Need first 2 pages, 347 stroker info

Specifically what do you want to know?
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 02:16   #3 (permalink)

Racer, i want to go to a performance machine shop an talk like i know what i am on about and tell them what i want without getting ripped off. I want to know other peoples opinions who have built these motors. also why would i pay $850 for the scat 347 crank when i can get the rpm 347 crank for $400 ??? I am spending lots of cash on this motor so i wnat to know the right way of going about it. I want to know what are the best alloy heads to use, ect ect. what would be really nice is to have a list of items to stuff into it that is a proven horsepower figure.
mark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 02:58   #4 (permalink)

The key here is.....................How much money do you want to spend?

As for best aluminium head?.... Thats easy.........Yates(the rest are second rate, except for my windsor snr's ,which are third rate!).........Please refer to rule number 1 above!

FYI.......Taken from Bennet racing in the states....

Ford Motorsport Yates heads have are designed for a max effort racing engine. There are currently 3 different style castings for a Yates head:

C3,C3L,C35 CONVENTIONAL YATES CYLINDER HEAD. STANDARD YATES CASTING

C3H SIMILAR TO STANDARD C3 CASTING BUT HAS RAISED INTAKE RUNNERS WITH STRAIGHT IN INTAKE BOLT PATTERN

SC1 ALL NEW YATES CASTINGS WITH RAISED INTAKE & EXHAUST PORTS. EXTRA MATERIAL FOR HIGHER FLOWING PORT DESIGNS

All of our Yates cylinder heads are prepared for your application. Our C3 castings flow up to 390 cfm on the intake and 275 cfm on the exhaust. Our C3H castings flow up to 400 cfm on the intake and 275 cfm on the exhaust. Our SC1 castings flow up to 420 cfm on the intake and 290 cfm on the exhaust. All SC1 and C3H castings are machined for Jesel or T & D 1 piece stand rocker arms, and have a spread guide location which will accept 2.20 X 1.60 valves. We have done more sets of Yates heads for drag racing than any other cylinder shop. We can modify your existing Yates heads new or used, call us for quote. If you have a set of Nascar take off Yates heads we can convert them for use on a drag race engine, which usually consist of custom valvejob, porting, triple springs, and titanium retainers and locks. All 3 versions below feature fully CNC ported castings, Del West titanium valves, Manley Nextek triple springs, titanium retainers, and locks. We have almost 900hp naturally aspirated and over 2000 hp on our turbocharger and supercharged engines with the below Yates heads.

Yates C3 $6895

Yates C3H $7295

Yates SC1 $8295

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~two89w/
347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 03:26   #5 (permalink)

I am no expert but I would imagine a forged crank would be a minimum with a stroker running n2o.......Racer?

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~two89w/
347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 04:51   #6 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347
I am no expert but I would imagine a forged crank would be a minimum with a stroker running n2o.......Racer?
I don't hear of too many 289 to 347 cranks breaking ...Even with std cranks...

I went with the 5.4 rod...On a 330...3.25 stroke...
Geometry and assembly is more important than top brands...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 03:23   #7 (permalink)
Aussie Falcon Enthusiast

As ebxr8240 said. It's high RPMs that usually requires the switch to tougher cranks.

One other application that a stronger crank would help with is with superchargers. I've read many stories where the crank snout was bent/ripped off by the pressure of the supercharger belt setup.
anakha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:42   #8 (permalink)

cool Re: GTHO4 Need first 2 pages, 347 stroker info

Quote:
Originally Posted by anakha
As ebxr8240 said. It's high RPMs that usually requires the switch to tougher cranks.

One other application that a stronger crank would help with is with superchargers. I've read many stories where the crank snout was bent/ripped off by the pressure of the supercharger belt setup.
I would imagine that would be from the immense pressure in the cylinder (high compresion under boost), rather then the s/c belt.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech