Ford Forums banner

Head interchange

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tbirdtess 
#1 ·
Hello

I have a head interchange question. What is the cc"s of D7oe & E7te heads?

Does any one know witch rocker arms are lighter, The rail rockers or stamped steel?

I am building a Factory Stock Circle track 351w. I can only have 8.5 compression. I have 12cc dish pistons(stock 77 351w). 2bbl. & auto trans. 3.90 open gear(rules)

I plan to do some Exhaust port work.

Paul Nm12tbirdracer@aol.com

#3 ·
D7OE = 69cc
E7TE = well depends who you listen to, but I measured mine at 61.5cc. Those in the know insist the factory tolerances were between 60.6cc and 63.6cc.

P.S. with the D7OE and a 1.45mm gasket crush height you should get to CR 8.51

#4 ·
Hello
Well there is no porting allowed, stock valve train.

I am hoping to get about 6500rpm peak. I run on a 1/2 mile D shaped asphalt oval. Semi flat. The front stretch is part of a drag strip.
I need to find a good combo with 8.5 compression MAX!
I have been having a over heating problem with the 351W. I am using factory pulleys(rule) on the water pump. I just found a smaller Stock Crank pulley. Hope I can get every thing to line up. I use a 3/4in. wide belt, Non-serpentine type pulley system, Standard Rotation water pump.
I picked up a bracket from a 90's crown vic. to place the power steering & alt. both on same side(left), To use only one belt.
Also a lean condition didn't help. I use the stock electric fan from my 1990 T-bird & a Griffin 2 core racing radiator(big Grey area). The stock 1 core was no match, Boom -- blew the side out!

Paul Nm12tbirdracer@aol.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.