Help needed with Oil Pump - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2008, 13:09   #1 (permalink)

Help needed with Oil Pump

Sure hope someone can help. I am swapping out the Ford V-8 in my boat. Don't panic, these engines are no different (mostly) than car/truck engines. Anyhow, here is the issue I need help with.

I had a 302 and am swapping it for a 351. Every thing was going along fine with the change over until I went to install the oil pump from the 302 into the 351. Well, that ain't gonna work, they are slightly different and can not be swapped. Ok, that I can live with and will buy a new oil pump.

The real problem is in the drive shaft for the oil pump. The one from the 302 is both shorter and smaller in diameter. Ok, buy the right drive shaft you say. Ah, but here is the second gotcha.

I must use the marine distributor from the 302. It fits fine and should be no problem BUT, it has the smaller hex hole in the bottom of the shaft for the 302 oil pump drive shaft.

In other words, I need to install a 351 oil pump and yet marry the oil pump drive shaft to the smaller shaft opening on the distributor shaft.

Please, anyone with thoughts on how to get this done holler back, I really need help with this one.
Bubba12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2008, 05:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: Help needed with Oil Pump

Wow, been a long time since I seen such a dead and useless forum...
Old 08-04-2008, 05:26   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba12345 View Post
I'm sorry. If you will give it a little time im sure someone will come along with the answer to help you.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:17   #4 (permalink)
Always the student

Quote:
That kind of attitude will get you far. Just what have you done to contribute to the forum? That's what I thought.....nothing!
Have a good day!
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:46   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefonz View Post
That kind of attitude will get you far. Just what have you done to contribute to the forum? That's what I thought.....nothing!
Have a good day!
You are right, I am a new member. Doesn't look like it was worth the time to sign up. Not being mean here but there are hundreds of forums where questions don't sit an entire day without a responce. I found my answer this moring when I posted in another Ford forum. It took about 45 minutes for the responces to come pouring in.

As I look through the posts on this forum, I see LOTS of questions with LOTS of readers, very, very few responces though. Oh well, no biggie, as I said, LOTS of forums out there...

Thanks
Old 08-04-2008, 09:47   #6 (permalink)
Always the student

Quote:
You are right, I am a new member. Doesn't look like it was worth the time to sign up. Not being mean here but there are hundreds of forums where questions don't sit an entire day without a responce. I found my answer this moring when I posted in another Ford forum. It took about 45 minutes for the responces to come pouring in.

As I look through the posts on this forum, I see LOTS of questions with LOTS of readers, very, very few responces though. Oh well, no biggie, as I said, LOTS of forums out there...

Thanks
This forum won't get better if people don't stick around. Many come, post their question, hopefully get an answer, and leave. There is only a handful of techs here, (I'm not one of them) and believe it or not, they have regular jobs and don't get paid to help out here.
Glad you found your answer, sorry you didn't find it here. Of course the right thing to do would be to post your solution so maybe it will help someone in the future.

Happy boating!
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech