Ford Forums banner

How much $?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  paull 
#1 ·
A freind is looking for a late model 5 litre windsor with manual transmission. To be complete with wiring loom etc (to be fitted into a Cobra), but needs to be a good runner, not a rebuilder. How much would one of these go for???

#2 · (Edited)
Manual T5 (V8) tranny's can be hard to find - can expect to pay anything up to $2.5k for a good rebuilt one (try talking to mal wood auto about sourcing one - www.malwoodauto.com.au ).

Unless your otherwise lucky, I'd guess your probably going to need to go to a wreckers. http://www.allpanelsandparts.com.au/ have a fair bit of gear. I know they had a V8 box a month back, and probably have a motor / loom as well. Actually, in their "new arrivals" section, I see a picture of a V8 donk, with the upper intake having a GT badge . . . could be interesting :) Look like its an ED....

You should have a quick search in the market section as well. While the ads expire in 30 days now, it wasn't long ago there was a V8 motor or two in there (can't remember pricing tho :p )

**edit**
Ohhh . . just had a closer look at one of the pics of that ED . . . the engine might be damaged - looks like there are some bit sitting at odd angles :fraz:

#3 ·
Cobra ??? What sort? Falcon or ACE replica ?? Thought of converting an efi 351 F150 motor and box...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.