How to track down source of engine - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007, 07:21   #1 (permalink)

How to track down source of engine

I have just acquired a mustang with a 351 engine. Supposedly the engine came from a F 100 pick-up. The number on the engine says F10YLC60254, is there any way I can find out what year of vehicle this came from and any more specifics?

Thanks
poppop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2008, 11:33   #2 (permalink)
Learning always

Re: How to track down source of engine

I've been searching around and cannot find an engine decoder, or parts number decoder that seems to fit the pattern of that number. although i did do some quick searching on the f-100. it seems that the only generation of the F series pickup truck with a 351W and a f-100 model was between 1980 and 1983.

at the end of 1983 the f-100 was dropped as the base model and the f-150 became the new base model for the f-series trucks.

and 1980 - 86 ( seventh gen) was the first generation of f-series trucks that had the 351W option in them. as the 351W replaced the older 351M option.

however, this was just a quick find on wikipedia and this of course is public edited so I cannot completely verify the information to be 100% correct. its the best i could do though, hope it helps.

~adam
amarthfea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech