I have been thinking.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2004, 03:28   #1 (permalink)

I have been thinking....

.....again, and down the track I am considering bolting on a vortech or something similar.
Now that leads me to manifolds......I am thinking quad throttle bodies will be near impossible to set up to allow a blower and if it could be done the cost would be out of my league.
So my thoughts go back to buying a TFS "R" or a Victor 5.0

So my question is, a quad throttle body set up is $3300 and single throttle body set ups are around $1500,Will I see $1500 (plus) worth of performance by going to quad throttle bodies over single (TFS "R" or a Victor 5.0 )? and then try to sell it later?
Or will the difference be minor?

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~two89w/
347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2004, 03:46   #2 (permalink)

Re: I have been thinking....

Why couldn't you have a plenum chamber made that goes over the 8 t/b and the supercharger piping blows into that.That way you still have the awesome manifold & a blown motor.

I guess it would be similar to Steve Leerentveld's twin turbo,supercharged LJ torana.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 03:46   #3 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

TFS'R or Victor 5.0!!! or victor jnr with efi Conversion Yes you loose torque..But with blower there isn't an issue...Actually the Holley systemax ll flow well .In your case it wouldn't matter that the inlet faces drivers side, as they can't be turned as in TFS,Edelbrock etc...
Or Lower efi with box type upper?? This is for high end power BUT again with blower it brings things back to have better low end torque...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 03:47   #4 (permalink)

the performance you are trying to get from your motor either the tfsr or the victor 50 would be great options, they will have more tha enough flow for your 347, and alot easier to put them on now, then having to swap all your injection setup over later to fit the blower.

http://www.fpvtickfordclubwa.com.au/phpBB2/index.php

http://www.tweecer.com

http://www.icenet.com.au/~pie
eb2flyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 03:54   #5 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Yes but you only need to take upper manifold off...
Then the four small bolts that hold fuel rails on...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech