Ford Forums banner

Injector Colours

12K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  LunaticSVT 
#1 ·
I have just pulled off my engine cover on my AUII XR8 and just wondered what colour other peoples V8 injectors are. I assume the blue ones that are in my car are the 19lb type!!!

Cheers

Corey

#2 ·
here is the color chart and HP ratings for each that i know of.

14 Lb/Hr 228 max hp Color: Gray
19 Lb/Hr 310 max hp Color: Tan *
24 Lb/Hr 391 max hp Color: Blue
30 Lb/Hr 490 max hp Color: Red
36 Lb/Hr 587 max hp Color: Dk Blue

* 19lb/Hr injector color very by age and perception.

I would assume the blue ones you have are the lighter shade of blue and not dark...indicating you have a 24# injector.

#3 ·
LunaticSVT said:

I would assume the blue ones you have are the lighter shade of blue and not dark...indicating you have a 24# injector.
Things like this should be a sticky in an injection section, cause it is damn good information. You could start with common Ford injectors and then maybe add other brands etc injectors in another post. Just an idea.

Not that I really care, I going to be a gas man again, can't get on my high horse with using it myself again! :wavey:

#7 ·
Best to use serial #'s on them though I have 36's Non Ford and are black and yellow tops..
The #'s are on where electrical clips on..

#8 ·
LunaticSVT said:

Is there two shade's of blue, I have looked at mine on an AU II XR8 and the colour is like the ford blue for their engine's it's a darker shade I would say.

#10 ·
Another way to remember it is the 165/175/185kW engines used the 19s. The 200/220 used the 24lb blue ones.

#11 · (Edited)
Which would likely be fitted to a standard 92 EBII 5.0L in a Fairmont Ghia, 14 (Gray), or 19 (Blue). I've not looked as yet.

Also, how expensive would a set likely to be, for instance if going from 14 to 19, or 19 to 24?

#12 ·
Quasi said:
Which would likely be fitted to a standard 92 EBII 5.0L in a Fairmont Ghia, 14 (Gray), or 19 (Blue). I've not looked as yet.

Also, how expensive would a set likely to be, for instance if going from 14 to 19, or 19 to 24?
Stock 5.0L will most likely have "19 Lb/Hr 310 max hp Color: Tan *" injectors, as for cost, just wait a little while and someone will post what bigger injectors may cost. (I am not interested in petrol injection that much so I havent researched into it, but I am interested in injection :s6: )

#14 ·
LunaticSVT said:
19# 220USD
24# 260USD

Think that is the cost.

Been a while since i had to price out injectors.
Cheers for that.

Does anyone know where I may be able to source these in Australia?

I'll have to see if Rob Herrod has them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.