On line Shopping for Edelbrock Parts in Australia? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2004, 12:42   #1 (permalink)
Newbie Alert!

On line Shopping for Edelbrock Parts in Australia?

G'day guys...

I'm wondering if anyone can point me to any online websites here in Australia who sell Edelbrock gear? In particular, a website which actually quotes prices for once!

I love the way some websites promise you the world regarding all the product lines they carry, but then conveniently won't mention price at all.

Now, if it's improper asking for online links, feel free to PM me to avoid placing Ford Forums in an compromising position.

I only ask this question because there doesn't seem to be a local online shopping Edelbrock dealer in Australia - which I reckon is amazing.

Thanks in advance, Ive.

The Boo Boo Mobeel: 1966 Shelby GT350 Mustang Fastback. Scarlett Red with White Le Mans stripes with matching co-ordinated Pony interior. 289 Hi-Po Cobra currently mated to a close ratio 4 speed Top Loader. 17" Torq Thrust II's and 13" Baer Racing disks all round with PBR 4 spot calipers.
Boo Boo Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2004, 15:40   #2 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Re: On line Shopping for Edelbrock Parts in Australia?

The only one I have found is VPW www.vpw.com.au They do Edelbrock heads and intakes, and most of their stuff is really well priced.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 17:53   #3 (permalink)
Newbie Alert!

Thank you my friend! Much appreciated...

The Boo Boo Mobeel: 1966 Shelby GT350 Mustang Fastback. Scarlett Red with White Le Mans stripes with matching co-ordinated Pony interior. 289 Hi-Po Cobra currently mated to a close ratio 4 speed Top Loader. 17" Torq Thrust II's and 13" Baer Racing disks all round with PBR 4 spot calipers.
Old 03-26-2004, 00:12   #4 (permalink)

Hey Boo Boo that sounds like an awesome ride you have & looks like you want to make it better.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 03:29   #5 (permalink)
Newbie Alert!

Indeed Gambit, it is an awesome car... no doubts about it. But the rings are tired, and that bloody 750 Double Pumper Holley is pretty agricultural. It's only done 51,000 miles in it's life but metal gets tired over 39 years - it can't be helped.

I'm currently toying with keeping all the original parts and bolting on some Edelbrock Performer RPM parts such as the alloy heads, the pro-flo injection, and the cam and lifter kits. My thinking here is that I can keep all the original parts for posterity sake, but bolt on all the wonderful new hi-tech stuff. Just one rule - no cutting. If any holes or cuts have to take place... no dice.

Certainly, the Edelbrock Performer RPM heads look compelling. I recognise that various other manufacturers make alloy heads too, but the Edelbrock people make all the other nicely tuned bits too like cam timing etc. And besides, it gives me an excuse to lift the 289 out and give the engine bay a total "show car detailing" into all the places you normally wouldn't be able to get at.

The vehicle is immaculate, both inside and out, but shit it's loud. Refined is not a word which comes to mind when I think of the GT350.

My other current point of interest is the Quad Weber Dual Downdraft setup which was used on the GT350R race spec car. The manifold's for those cars were also used on the true 289 AC Cobras of the same period circa 1964-1967. You can't buy the REAL manifolds anymore, but Inglese Manifolds in the USA have been making perfect clones since the early 70's.

And the Holley Carbs people in Perth sell a complete Redline Manifold and Quad Weber IDF setup complet with linkage which fits under the GT350 hood with 2 inches to spare on top of the trumpets. Man, now THAT is an engine note. Zero exhaust overlap going back into the shared manifold plenum. The crispest inlet sound of any V8 on the planet. Imagine the Quad Weber setup mated to the Edelbrock Performer RPM alloy heads and cams? Gotta be getting close to 380hp easy - which was the original race output of the 1965 GT40 289 engine.

Old 03-26-2004, 04:03   #6 (permalink)
Registered Abuser

Boo Boo Foo,
That sounds like a great plan. To throw a spanner in the works, have you considered buying a second engine block and building it up as a stroker (say 347ci) with all the Performer RPM gear? This would give you both more power and torque than a 289. The other advantage is it doesn't jeopardize damaging/wearing out the original (numbers matching?) block. It also saves on down time (drive in / drive out same day).
Old 03-26-2004, 04:38   #7 (permalink)
Registered Snooser

Found this...
http://www.buy-asap.com/category156_2.htm
Old 03-26-2004, 12:45   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo Foo
Indeed Gambit, it is an awesome car... no doubts about it. But the rings are tired, and that bloody 750 Double Pumper Holley is pretty agricultural. It's only done 51,000 miles in it's life but metal gets tired over 39 years - it can't be helped.

I'm currently toying with keeping all the original parts and bolting on some Edelbrock Performer RPM parts such as the alloy heads, the pro-flo injection, and the cam and lifter kits. My thinking here is that I can keep all the original parts for posterity sake, but bolt on all the wonderful new hi-tech stuff. Just one rule - no cutting. If any holes or cuts have to take place... no dice.

Certainly, the Edelbrock Performer RPM heads look compelling. I recognise that various other manufacturers make alloy heads too, but the Edelbrock people make all the other nicely tuned bits too like cam timing etc. And besides, it gives me an excuse to lift the 289 out and give the engine bay a total "show car detailing" into all the places you normally wouldn't be able to get at.

The vehicle is immaculate, both inside and out, but shit it's loud. Refined is not a word which comes to mind when I think of the GT350.

My other current point of interest is the Quad Weber Dual Downdraft setup which was used on the GT350R race spec car. The manifold's for those cars were also used on the true 289 AC Cobras of the same period circa 1964-1967. You can't buy the REAL manifolds anymore, but Inglese Manifolds in the USA have been making perfect clones since the early 70's.

And the Holley Carbs people in Perth sell a complete Redline Manifold and Quad Weber IDF setup complet with linkage which fits under the GT350 hood with 2 inches to spare on top of the trumpets. Man, now THAT is an engine note. Zero exhaust overlap going back into the shared manifold plenum. The crispest inlet sound of any V8 on the planet. Imagine the Quad Weber setup mated to the Edelbrock Performer RPM alloy heads and cams? Gotta be getting close to 380hp easy - which was the original race output of the 1965 GT40 289 engine.
DC&O make a manifold that is i think quad t/b which is fuel injected.I think they have 2 sizes of t/b.They are an awesome looking manifold.I don't have a ph no but i think they are in narellan.I think they are pretty expensive but you get what you pay for.By the way loud cars are the best type.No good having a v8 if you can't hear it.
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 23:51   #9 (permalink)

DC&O do make the system you are talking about. Check out there Australian Distributor

www.katicore.com.au nice easy website to go through and has pricing !!! Having looked around there prices are very reasonable. I am about to purchase the 302 IDF 8 Stack Setup looks unreal.

Cheers every, great forum by the way administrators.
GoFordLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 03:52   #10 (permalink)

"Redline Manifold and Quad Weber IDF setup complet with linkage which fits under the GT350 hood with 2 inches to spare on top of the trumpets. Man, now THAT is an engine note. Zero exhaust overlap going back into the shared manifold plenum. The crispest inlet sound of any V8 on the planet. Imagine the Quad Weber setup mated to the Edelbrock Performer RPM alloy heads and cams? Gotta be getting close to 380hp easy -"

I must say the noise of webers makes it VERY difficult to hear the radio!

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~two89w/
347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech