Ford Forums banner

MAF meter on 5ltr, what kind of difference?

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  blueoval 
#1 ·
Just wondering what kind of difference those have had with a change of MAF meter from stock. What brand would you recommend and how much of a difference does it make for a 5ltr?
Also approx. cost to set up?

Check out the mods I've already done below and tell me if a change of MAF meter would be advisable!:clap:

G
#2 ·
Blueoval,

Without any head or intake changes you're unlikely to see much difference. Having said that we've seen some small gains by boring out the stock MAF to 59mm. I believe also that there is an AU MAF body that can be used with the stock electronics off your MAF. An Adjustable fuel reg is advisable for either of these options unless you use a Tweecer to adjust the resultant new transfer function electronically.
If you are going to go with head, intake and cam changes down the track you could go with one of the Pro-M types like the 75mm bullet or the more expensive but much better 77-83mm type.
If these engine mods are on the cards you could also look at a larger Factory Ford MAF like the current 90mm Lightning MAF and use it in conjunction with a Tweecer to allow you to change the actual MAF transfer function.

Pete.

#3 ·
Thanks XR9, thats shed a bit of light on the subject. I wasnt sure on what was involved. I do plan on getting an EL2 explorer intake manifold down the track with a bit of a mild port job on the heads while I'm at it. Would that be the best time to get the
Pro-M MAF when these things are done?

#4 ·
Where do we get these and how much?

#6 ·
Sorry, I meant MAFs, your post wasn't up when I read.

#8 ·
I think I'll wait till the intakes and heads are sorted before I look into MAF.
Me personally, am interested in getting as much hp with the bolt-on's already out there without touching things like cam, cpu and bottm end and keeping reasonable economy and drivability!

I read somewhere on the net (not ff) that you can get as much as 300hp with just add on's and running stock cam and bottom end. I think thats pretty impressive.

See what happens :shrug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.