Ford Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minginator - Final Saga!

55K views 484 replies 115 participants last post by  laminge 
#1 ·
Well its started

The car is back on a hoist, the engine has been moved around, the front end is back on

A couple of things on the list though

1) Intake issues to be sorted., ie bonnet mods
2) Transmission Requirements
3) 9 inch diff

Will post pics at some stage next week

#5 ·
Yes It was an amazing site to see the T with sterring rack and front rotors and Brembo's back on.

The engine is being dropped in from above, and with major mods to ABS, etc we have decided not to fully hook up the NOS system yet, that can be a job once she is run in a bit

Yes will run with an Auto, Russellw has kindly researched some boxes for me, AOD or C6 rated around 1200hp looks the go

Thermo Fans are a problem as well because of blower brace sitting so far out

I didnt have a camera today, and wont be able to go back until Monday

#6 ·
thats what i like to hear :D
the other thread was getting a little old too!
keep us updated :)

#8 ·
You must of had all the car mags ringing you trying to book your car in for there main feature stories Minge. I have no doubt most of them would of heard all about it by now.

How about driving up to Queensland to run it in Minge :p You could pick me up on the way through. lmao

<--- Wonders if minge wants to employ me as a full time Car Detailer/ Minginator Bodyguard . lmao

#9 ·
excellent news laminge!! now that its only a 45 minute drive to adelaide for you, you'll have to take me for a spin ;)

#10 ·
Great news Laminge.

Any room to run the Thermos in front of the Radiator or will it foul the Oil Cooler?

#12 ·
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Great news for you Laminge what is the ETA going to be :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

#16 ·
LunaticSVT said:
I want shotgun.

I know has been called, but this is a new thread and the old one is closed. So i got Dibs. if not Shotgun then I want first non owner driving experience. :)
well since just about every concievable gun in banned in Aus ill call Air-Rifle!!!...lol

Nah good to hear minge....hope it all comes out as planned.

#17 ·
I call water pistol. :angel: :wnc:

Good news minge...my mouth is watering, my hands are sweaty...I can't wait for this thing, nor can I wait for the times it pumps out (if it can get some traction!!!)

#18 ·
Not sure how your going with the nine inch conversion but Street Machine has an article about a nine inch IRS conversion for a VT Commodore and at the end of the article it says they will have one ready for the AU and the BA soon. It uses a magnesium alloy carrier and can run any diff gears or centres that would fit a regular nine inch as well as a choice of axles. Maybe that could suit your requirements.

#20 ·
Minge, what do you think you will do with the bonnet, maybe a BA XR8/GT style bulge?
Glad your car is getting close, can't wait to seeand hear the finished product.
I read all the other thread last weekand it took me 4 hours (I think I need a life!).

#23 ·
if i remember correcty (might have been changed though)

both XR6na and danege are right

it's a bonnet bulge but it has a shaker typr coop at the back (not like an xy though)

but like i said that was about 6 months and about 100 or so replies(to the other thread) ago. so minge could've changed his mind.

i hope you get many many many many many many...........klms/hours of joy form the beast. and i look forward to pics and vids of her first fireup.

#26 ·
I thinks us GTs owners are starting to tremble........the mingemobile is about to hit the road LOL
Cheers John

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.