Ford Forums banner

Mods for a T3

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Noboss 
#1 ·
I'm seeing more and more series 3 T-series going for mid-high 30's. I found a black Auto T3 TS50 auto on carsales.com for 36k, only 65,000km and brembos too! I don't know whether to mod my XR8 over time or just pay it off, save the mods money for my current car for a T3 in a few years.

Anyway, to the point of the thread, which was mods. I'm thinking a the first mod would be an exhaust. Liverpool exhaust sounds good as the T3 guys in sydney have had great results. Also I was thinking since the T3 allready has the stroker and heaps of balls down low, you could fit the TFS kit to it and really make it boogey up top. TFS kit whcih would be a stage 1 cam (maybe their stage 2 depending on how serious you wanted to get), the twisted wedge heads, and the trackheat intake.

If you had auto a shift kit and high stall with some different diff gears to match the cam. If manuals your thing, I was thinking that a T56 would bea good option to convert. Some guy off here put a T56 in his T3 and had only good things to say. Some 3.9's in the bum and some sensible ratios in the gearbox, you could make it so you'd be at peak power in 4th gear on the quarter.

So lets see where we're at:-
5.6L stroker
TFS (heads,cam,intake)
Liverpool exhaust
6 speed man or high stall/shift kit 4 speed auto
3.9 final drive
unichip

I think that's the ingredients for one hell of an all round packaged T3. Would be good for mid 12's on the quarter at least I would be guessing. Would be well over 300kw at the flywheel. What do you all reckon?

See less See more
#3 ·
CAI they have the same air filter dome thing as the BA V8's. I wonder if you could fit the SS inductions intake you BA guys run? Maybe the bonnet shape would not let air in like the BA bonnet?

#5 ·
Cobra said:
CAI they have the same air filter dome thing as the BA V8's. I wonder if you could fit the SS inductions intake you BA guys run? Maybe the bonnet shape would not let air in like the BA bonnet?
ill let you know very shortly cobra

edit - although my bonnet (xr) and the T bonnet would be a bit different at the front

i think the main issue is the engine cover, that may need to be cut

anyway will find out soon enough

#6 · (Edited)
FalKeen said:
ill let you know very shortly cobra

edit - although my bonnet (xr) and the T bonnet would be a bit different at the front

i think the main issue is the engine cover, that may need to be cut

anyway will find out soon enough
Well done man I'm glad someone is finally fitting an SS inductions intake to their AU. If you don't have any luck with a gain Falkeen I suggest fitting a secondary bonnet latch like on race cars and have the bonnet on the secondary closed postion for a few more mm of clearance between the radiator support panel and the bonnet. :p

#9 ·
Cobra said:
I'm seeing more and more series 3 T-series going for mid-high 30's. I found a black Auto T3 TS50 auto on carsales.com for 36k, only 65,000km and brembos too! I don't know whether to mod my XR8 over time or just pay it off, save the mods money for my current car for a T3 in a few years.

Anyway, to the point of the thread, which was mods. I'm thinking a the first mod would be an exhaust. Liverpool exhaust sounds good as the T3 guys in sydney have had great results. Also I was thinking since the T3 allready has the stroker and heaps of balls down low, you could fit the TFS kit to it and really make it boogey up top. TFS kit whcih would be a stage 1 cam (maybe their stage 2 depending on how serious you wanted to get), the twisted wedge heads, and the trackheat intake.

If you had auto a shift kit and high stall with some different diff gears to match the cam. If manuals your thing, I was thinking that a T56 would bea good option to convert. Some guy off here put a T56 in his T3 and had only good things to say. Some 3.9's in the bum and some sensible ratios in the gearbox, you could make it so you'd be at peak power in 4th gear on the quarter.

So lets see where we're at:-
5.6L stroker
TFS (heads,cam,intake)
Liverpool exhaust
6 speed man or high stall/shift kit 4 speed auto
3.9 final drive
unichip

I think that's the ingredients for one hell of an all round packaged T3. Would be good for mid 12's on the quarter at least I would be guessing. Would be well over 300kw at the flywheel. What do you all reckon?
Save some time and go to thread "T3 power gains" we've done a lot of things with the T3s and got great results, Just fish around this forum there is some T3 stuff on here, also go to aufalcon.com site, some good info on there, as for mid 13s in a T3 they will do that with just an exhaust. The one on carsales soundes to good to be true, thats the money T2s are pulling not T3s, the cheapest TS50 ive seen is $46,000 if it is that money GRAB IT its a bargin!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.