My First 8. A few Q's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2003, 18:38   #1 (permalink)
Previously XR8_Ute

biggrin My First 8. A few Q's

Hey guys. I've been the proud owner of an AUII XR8 Ute now for a few months. I'm just wondering about a few things.
I'm under the impression being a Dec '00 compliance plate its the 185Kw motor. True or false?
And.. keeping it basic, whats the main differences between the 185kw, 200kw and 220kw versions in the AU's?
Oh and its black with the chrome bars. Black leather & 5 speed etc I loooove it
-Nemesis- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2003, 02:53   #2 (permalink)

Re: My First 8. A few Q's

yes it is a 185,do some reading,theres plenty of info about this in this section...
Old 11-01-2003, 06:31   #3 (permalink)
Previously XR8_Ute

Yeah i did. I read heaps and found alot of technical jargon that often contradicts. Never mind. I'll go over here --->

Last edited by -Nemesis-; 11-01-2003 at 06:34.
Old 11-01-2003, 15:45   #4 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR8_Ute
Yeah i did. I read heaps and found alot of technical jargon that often contradicts. Never mind. I'll go over here --->
Utes tend to be behind in the power dept compared to sedans..The injectors and heads will be different from 185 to 200 kw...From memory the 185's had 19's inj and brown/ orange in colour...Unless they changed ...The connectors are different as well...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 17:58   #5 (permalink)
Previously XR8_Ute

Thanks mate. Yeah I noticed that with the utes, i wonder why they do that.
I know what injectors are and do etc i'm just new to this side of things, you see my last (and 1st) car was a '75 Galant with the big 1.6L carby 4cyl :|
compared to what i was used to this thing has amazing performance, but i've already caught "the bug" and am contemplating future enhancements. Maybe not quite as awesome as yours yet, at 23 its already hard to insure.
Old 11-04-2003, 18:25   #6 (permalink)
black xr8

i know what u mean about insurance im 22 with an au series 1 xr8 (its black too) they wont insure me if i change the cam or put bigger wheels on the thing what a load.
can anyone explain the differance in rwkw and just kilowatts at the fly im sought of only just giving a crap about power since i got rid of my old stinken pathfinder
chrisxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 04:10   #7 (permalink)
Previously XR8_Ute

They would insure you at Just Car Insurance. So long as its road legal they'll insure it. I went with NRMA this year as its standard but will switch to justcar once its modified.
Old 11-05-2003, 04:55   #8 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Keep it std "looking" they won't know. Also by fitting 1.72 roller rockers to improve cam lift etc.No one will know..There isn't anyone who makes them that I know of but as the yanks call shorties [headers] but if they can be fitted no one would realy know either. It's the long tubes that are so obvious..Porting is another stealth way of making improvements, they all add up and the real result isn't achieved till all is done..As in heads,induction and exhaust..Atleast the induction isn't as bad on 185 AU's..
R.I.P Possum...
Old 11-05-2003, 05:05   #9 (permalink)
Previously XR8_Ute

I'm always worried about modifying newer motors internally though. It may be paranoya but the thought of opening up a nice tight unit, especially under warranty, then hoping its bolted back up well enough for day to day reliability.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:21   #10 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

O/K then everthing above except for porting heads.. Roller rockers are only under rocker covers...
R.I.P Possum...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech