Ford Forums banner

Needing some facts

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  XR8 Lamah 
#1 ·
Hi there,
Just needing some questions answered by those in the know. I have just purchased a ELXR8 which I am stoaked about. I am wanting to know what kw my vehicle is as there is much variation in opinion. The car was built in April 97. I assume it is the 170kw version, and if so did these get roller rockers? Some clarification on these questions, and suggestions for proven value for money modifications for this spec engine would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Bernie.

#2 ·
Elxr8

Yes you would have a 170kw engine and no they did not come with roller rockers. The EL2 XR8's built from around sep 97 (I stand to be corrected on the exact date) came with the 185kw engine and also did not have RR's.

As for proven value for money performance mods, have a good read of the Windsor forum as this topic has been discussed many times and then come back and ask some specific questions. It also depends upon how much money you are prepared to spend.

Hope this helps

Mick

#3 ·
Welcome - always nice to see another EL out there :)

Like Mick said, lots depends on how much you want to spend, and where you want to end up. If you've modded a car before, you'll know that planning is everything - it will save you huge $$$
Also, don't forget to check out the market areas, quite often some good stuff available.

In general terms though, probably my first mod would be extractors and exhaust. Lift the bonnet and cry at the oem "extractors" - I know I did :)

Luckily enough ( depending on your finances ), being in Victoria, you are fairly close to Herrods, who is fairly much acclaimed at "the man" in late model performance fords. Not cheap, but if you do a search on herrods, you'll find lots and lots and lots and lots of very happy people :)

Anyways, have a browse and enjoy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.