new bits - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2003, 11:02   #1 (permalink)
a vile merchant

new bits

Picked up some new bits today to go on my EF 5L. It's a gt40 manifold with a 65mm throttle body and the blue 24lb injectors. Also came with a black plastic MAF which I'm not too sure on. Picture is attached incase anyone knows what it is or what it came off.

At this stage I'm thinking I'll just bolt on the intake with some 1.7 ratio roller rockers and just use my old 19lb injectors and MAF. Any thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gt40manifold.jpg (16.3 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg car-part-thingy-1.jpg (44.2 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg car-part-thingy-2.jpg (46.1 KB, 47 views)
PigDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2003, 18:44   #2 (permalink)
3FB Educator!

Looking at the electrical plug on the mass air meter in will not fit the EL connector.
B-1B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 18:53   #3 (permalink)
a vile merchant

Re: new bits

Yeah. The part number on the electrical plug is F6UF and according to this website: http://www.pro-flow.com/old%20files/apchart.htm

that corresponds to an 80mm MAF from a 96 GT or 99 Cobra. I think it must be 80mm too as it will fit over the end of the 65mm throttle body.
Old 09-20-2003, 20:06   #4 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

BTW, it's not a GT40 manifold either, its an explorer manifold. It still flows much better than stock, but not as good as the GT40's.

Being off a '94-'99 cobra or GT mustang, the injectors wont fit the E-series falcons. Dont know about the throttle body either, I dont think they have the same IAC but if not, you may be able to rig smething up.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 21:36   #5 (permalink)
a vile merchant

Yeah I was sorta thinking it was probably an explorer one. The seller did say the manifold was off an AU2 so I was thinking the injectors could be used, but my 19lb ones are sufficient anyway. I'm hoping the MAF is the only odd part. He also said I would need an AU part for the throttle body, TPS maybe?
Old 09-20-2003, 21:41   #6 (permalink)

The injectors have a different plug to the E-series and different electrical resistance. You will be able to use the TPS from your stock throttle body, only you will have to dril the mounting holes out a bit. The mounting holes on the AU throttle body and TPS are about 3-5mm further apart.
Old 09-20-2003, 21:48   #7 (permalink)
a vile merchant

Cool thanks for the hints! Looking at my radiator overflow today it's looking like a bit chocolately so I'll be getting that checked out first. Could be doing heads aswell if there's a problem with the gaskets.
Old 09-22-2003, 23:28   #8 (permalink)
Formally Thomas

Re: Re: new bits

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigDog
Yeah I was sorta thinking it was probably an explorer one. The seller did say the manifold was off an AU2 so I was thinking the injectors could be used, but my 19lb ones are sufficient anyway. I'm hoping the MAF is the only odd part. He also said I would need an AU part for the throttle body, TPS maybe?
The manifold you have bought is infact an Explorer Intake off an AU2 V8.
Thats all fine. Those injectors that you have appear to be 24lb which were on all AU V8's (you can tell as they are blue).
You can use them injectors no worries on your car although it will clash with your current MAF. Your current MAF is calibrated for 19lb injectors and would be too small. Id leave the 19lb inj that you currently have on your car as there fine and can cope a fair bit.
With that plastic MAF the guy has given you, It looks as though this is definately off a mustang of some sort. Its pretty much useless unless you can make up a bracket of some sort and use your electronic from your MAF on it
Hope this helps mate.....

Thomas
MKII240T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 23:37   #9 (permalink)

Re: Re: Re: new bits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
You can use them injectors no worries on your car although it will clash with your current MAF.
AU injectors have a different plug fron the E-series and also different resistance values so there would be a lot of work to get them working on an E-series V8.
Old 09-22-2003, 23:49   #10 (permalink)

MAFs aren't calibrated to injectors.
I have adaptors for E series TPS to AU throttle bodies, these are needed as there is an angle difference which affects the TPS voltage and it will never idle properly if you don't get within the voltage spec required, PM me if you are interested.
elxr8393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech