Ford Forums banner

New Engine???

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ebxr8240 
#1 ·
Hey ladies n Gents
I got a Falcon EBII GLI I6 ..with redback exhaust etc i etc....i wat thinking of putting an 8 in it but wouldnt know anything about how to do it....the thing is im starting an apprenticship at ford on the 8th (yay)and get discounted service/labour....i was finkin of putting either an 8 from the 65mustangs......or a newer engine.....maybe from au or sumfin like dat........sorry i aint want el or efs......how much would it cost and how could i go about doing this......thank u

#2 ·
personally for me a windsor is a windsor does not matter what car it is in, either eb or au they are all the same blocks (pretty sure) its just they basicly have different bolt on stuff like manifolds heads etc.... if i was you i would buy a windsor block and gradually build it up that way you can work around your budget, if you are like me you might think 5L is not enough and go for the stroker option. but depending on your budget depends on what pistons, heads, manifold etc to use. if you want to do it properly thats the best way to do it.

Cheers

#3 ·
Depends on purchase price of engine. An EB could be bought for around $1200- [or cheaper] and spend some muller on heads, inlet, maf etc, or go AU ll and be happy with 200kw after spending approx $4k on engine. You may not get all the goodies like maf etc though.. All efi engines are the same from from block down..I wouldn't rave too much about latter heads either... Some early E.B's had forged pistons...

#4 ·
get out of here, some had forged pistons?? which ones and why did some get forgies and some did not. not that it matter now that i have done a hole new engine including giving it a bit of a stroke hehehe. as i said before though comes down to budget, read the "rwkw from your v8windsor" thread. man that thread has been going for ages

#5 ·
In U.S Windsors had forges from 88 to 91 and phased out after that...Our motors are from there...All of them....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.