New parts and EEC - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2004, 01:38   #1 (permalink)
Teh Pimp

New parts and EEC

1. I heard a rumour that when you first get alloy engine components that you are meant to run straight water for a few 100kms. Is this true?

2. How much power can stock EECV handle, or up to what point will you need a UniChip?

3. When is a fuel reg needed? I thought that if you had the right injectors as well as a good fuel pump, you'd be right.

Cheers.
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2004, 02:16   #2 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Re: New parts and EEC

1. Not sure but can't see why you would need to.

2. Unless you run a huge cam, the EECV will normally cope with most mods. I have seen 220rwkw 4L's and 240rwkw 347's with stock EEC's but at that level you will probably see fair economy and drivability improvements with EEC modifications. Personally I would not use a unichip because their functions are fairly limited but they still do the job with most engines.

3. A fuel reg is only used to either fine tune the AF ratio under WOT or to increase the FP and allow the injectors to handle more power.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech