NF Fairlane - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2003, 02:18   #1 (permalink)
syco26

confused NF Fairlane

Hi all I am new to this forum and this is my frist post so I hope I put it in the right place.
I have a little problam.I'm not very mechanicly minded and get so many bumb steers from mates about the best parts to buy for my car and the local mechanics aren't much better either.
The problam is that my car is a bloody Grandma's dream cruiser.I have a 5.0L '95 NF Fairlane Ghia that is stock standard and would like any info on how I could get it scooting along a bit better.Money is alittle tight so I need solutions that are good for the pocket as well as being good for the horses.Can anyone please help?
Thanks a heap in advance.

Last edited by syco26; 07-07-2003 at 02:22.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2003, 03:14   #2 (permalink)
F*#K the government

Yep you came to the right area, stay tuned and there will be a few offer their knowledge to getting your NF going a bit harder.

Also do a forum search and browse the forum for engine mods.
Old 07-07-2003, 16:49   #3 (permalink)
NOS + Boost = Fun

Re: NF Fairlane

A ggod start is usually a cat back exhaust. Single 3" or twin 2 1/4". Cost you about $500.
Next would be a good air filter, K & N, about $100, and a better breathing snorkle, you will have to do a search in the forums for which one to use, as i have no idea which ones are best and what will fit on your car.
But all that will give you a bit better throttle response, and probably a bit better economy too.
(I'll work it out one day)
Hilux Diff - 4.1 Detroit Locker
BlownV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 06:16   #4 (permalink)
fairlane500

Power upper for NF

The absolute best bang for your buck is as good as free. On the distributor of pre AU 5.0 Windors is a screw on the passenger side front. Undo this screw and take it out then find an appropriate diameter washer about 1.5 mm thick and put it under the head of the screw and screw it back in. This changes the effective length of the octane rod. You may have to adjust the base timing to prevent pinging but you will get instant and noticeable power off the line. Its not like super charging or anything radical but it's definitely noticable. It changes the ignition timing profile slightly. My NC was a bit sluggish and this made itjust that bit more drivable.Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech