Ok now... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2004, 23:12   #1 (permalink)

Ok now...

I just got my coolant problem fixed, it happened to be a $3 part, the thermostat housing gasket, and $30 to have it fixed (at mates rates ), also had the car put up and the suspension checked out, the SLS has been removed and the shockers are monroe, so now i gotta remove the bypass switches wired up next to the steering wheel, fuse has now been removed to the suspension.
Also noticed there is a hole in the muffler, onyl about 2cm worth right now possibly from a stone or something, anyway its going to stay there and get worse until i get the entire exhaust done. What i want to know is which brand is the best in your opinions and which set-up, 4-1, or tri-y, what im after is good torque/horsepower increase thru the low-mid rev ranges as im not interested in revving the hell outa the engine just to get some power. then into some cats of some description and a muffler, is there anyone out there that does the entire thing all in one and does this save you any money as opposed to doing cat-back and then extractors/headers
Quote:
<mrmkII> a tick bit my nuts!!!!
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2004, 23:44   #2 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Re: Ok now...

Tri Y = torque...Low to mid range...1 5/8...Primeries...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 23:56   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebxr8240
Tri Y = torque...Low to mid range...1 5/8...Primeries...
i'd take low down torque over low down hp anyday
what does 1 5/8 mean?
Quote:
Old 10-18-2004, 00:37   #4 (permalink)
Often has bolts left over

measurement of the pipes, 1 5/8 inch
Old 10-18-2004, 00:50   #5 (permalink)

thanks, also when i took car down to be fixed the guy said it was probably better to remove all the plastic shit around the battery and remove the snorkel which gets air inside the plastic, anyone else removed the snorkel and plastic around the battery? just think of the 1/100000th of a second that your 1/4 will be improved by
Quote:
Old 10-18-2004, 01:17   #6 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Its there to cool the battery..Efi / unleaded engines get very hot.Plus they have sound insulation that holds heat in...More confined space also...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 01:19   #7 (permalink)

so what ur saying is... do i cut it out and remove snorkel or leave it how it is...
Quote:
Old 10-18-2004, 02:17   #8 (permalink)
XR8 Owner

leave it because if the battery gets too hot it will explode
SiKEDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:28   #9 (permalink)

what am i looking at for some tri-y extractors with decent cats and muffler all through 2.5 or 2.75"? system in mild steel cermaic coated and stainless steel... up around 1500-2000 i'd imagine? what sort of power gains are to be had on a stock engine doing this?
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech