Pushrod question... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2007, 15:26   #1 (permalink)

Pushrod question...

I am rebuilding a 1986 ford 302. I am using a set of 1985 heads E5AE CA cause the E6SE Heads are crap. everything is pretty much OE except for the cam kit. I called comp cams and we talked about what I wanted and thats it. The gross valve lift on this cam is .510 intake and .512 exhaust. Taking all of this into consideration, how do I properly determine length of my new pushrods?
davesbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2007, 15:38   #2 (permalink)

Re: Pushrod question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesbronco
I am rebuilding a 1986 ford 302. I am using a set of 1985 heads E5AE CA cause the E6SE Heads are crap. everything is pretty much OE except for the cam kit. I called comp cams and we talked about what I wanted and thats it. The gross valve lift on this cam is .510 intake and .512 exhaust. Taking all of this into consideration, how do I properly determine length of my new pushrods?
hahahaha, this is weird, i was asking everywhere and the best way to get it, is to buy a CHECKIN PUSHROD, is a pushrod but you can twist it to ger a bigger or smaller length,
I just order mine from summitracing, and it was like $40,
order it, when you get it, make a few tests with certain lengths on a rocker,
when you get the desired lengthe (meaning that the rocker tip is in the exact middle of the valve stem) then you remove the "adjustable pushrod" then you can either measure the pushrod, and order your pushrods at that particular length or send the pushrod to the company where you want your new ones from, and theyll manufarcture the new ones.
jackdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 15:45   #3 (permalink)

try selecting here the one for you...
summitracing.com
jackdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:18   #4 (permalink)

Thanks. That is the one detail that had me just hanging out there in the wind.
davesbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Windsor Tech